fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP today

Passed PMP today 3 years 4 months ago #25062

• PMPGal29
  • PMPGal29's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello all
PMP Exam lessons learned:
I am posting this hoping it will help future exam takers. I passed the PMP exam today and here are the details:
Study Plan:
• Read PMBOK first time and did not understand or remember anything.
• Took an online video course with Shiv Shenoy and that helped.I retained some knowledge after doing all the mock tests and couple of free resources.Also the wekly conference calls helped give me the push and plan strategy.
• I did the first prepcast exam and got only 72% and was disappointed. Spent 8 hours after the exam analyzing the 20 questions, not just the wrong answers. This is the key.
• Reread the PMBOK and also Shiv Shenoy’s video course at 2X speed and re-did all the mocks.
• Took Prepcast second exam, score is around 74% slight improvement but not major.
• Then I realized I need to know all the outputs of the process. I watched Ailleens youtube video everyday 2 times and learned and understood all the outputs:
o

• Took the next test , prepcast 3 and scored around 79%
• Spend another 2 days analyzing the whole 200 questions.
• And followed the same process till I did al the 7 mocks and ITTO questions. My first attempt prepcast results averaged 75% in all the 7 mock exams.
• I took the PMI mock exam 3 days before my actuul exam, (WRONG CHOICE), got only 65%. Majorly down , went back to some more serious studying.
• Finally took the exam today and passed with 3 ATs
Exam experience:
I tested at a center near me. Everything went smoothly although wearing the mask for 4 hours is a little difficult. I took the 10 minute break after 90 questions and immediately came back in 8 mins to continue. The actual exam felt easy in some parts, very confusing in one stage and moderate in some areas. It is well balanced in all areas.At one point I was super stressed but as the exam progressed, I felt little confident. I completed the 20 questions with 2 minutes remaining. I did not review as this is how I figured out works best for me. Just took2 mins to see if I missed answering any questions.
Lessons learned:
• Take the PMI mock exam atleast 2 weeks before the actual exam.
• Start taking the Prepast exams, 3 weeks before your actual exam and start analyzing your answers and study.
• Make sure prepcast exam questions are analyzed and you are very thorough with why you choose that answer.
• I feel reading the PMBOK, doing the prepcast mock exams (all 7), and understanding concepts with the ITTOs will definitely help pass.
Thank you to Cornelius and his team for this amazing bank of questions. It played a major role in my passing the exam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamika Sublett, Deniz Ener

Passed PMP today 3 years 4 months ago #25079

• Ravi Ch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi, congratulations on passing the exam.
May I know where you took the PMP Mock Exam?

thanks in advance
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login