fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed in First Attempt with 3AT

Passed in First Attempt with 3AT 3 years 4 months ago #25012

• Rishikesh Yalanavar
  • Rishikesh Yalanavar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Cornelius Fichtner and Team,

Do accept my sincere gratitude. Thanks to you, I have passed the PMP exam yesterday with 3AT in my first attempt at the PearsonVue exam center here in Bahrain. But more than that, I am a better Project Manager today after undergoing your training.

I shall not dare give much study tips to your readers because my study routine has not been very rigorous, except in the last 3 months – only after I booked and got an exam date

Study Routine
• watched all PM-PrepCast training videos twice
• attempted all PM-PrepCast Simulator exams once
• scored average of 70+ in my first attempts
• read PMBOK guide once (cover to cover)
• read Rita's book once (cover to cover)
• skipped some of the formulae based topics – because I never use them in real life
• totally skipped memorizing the ITTO by heart
• totally skipped brain dumps usage

Exam tips
• questions were similar to the ones I faced in PM-PrepCast Simulator
• some questions (and answers) were really long
• I took much more time on real exam than in mocks – and didnt get time for review
• so please keep watch on time. Trust me, it flies
• real exam user interface is not as good as PM-PrepCast Simulator
• selecting any answer option more than once - will unselect that option
• right clicking on any answer option - does not strikeout the option
• you need to first select text – and then use buttons to either highlight or strike-it through

Additional Tips
• visited the exam center a week ago for the look and feel (as advised by Cornelius in his video)
• attempted all the simulator exams at the same exact time at which my real exam was scheduled
• attempted these mocks as though I was attempting real exam
• totally restricted myself from water and food intake during the mock exams – and also loo breaks
• asked my kid to turn up the volume of TV at times to get used to giving exam with background noise
• wore same set of clothes (this helped to identify & remove an irritating shirt label)
• wore the face-mask throughout the duration of mocks
• practiced deep breathing techniques to calm myself down - if I faced a tough question
• all this helped me during the real exam (except the deep breathing part)

I have a full time job and a super energetic 9 year old daughter at home. My dad aged 77 was diagnosed COVID-19 positive last month and has since recovered. My study routine was affected by this as I had to care for him - and still I managed to pass. If I can pass, so can you. Just believe in yourself. I take this forum as an opportunity to wish each and every one of you - all the very best for your own forthcoming exam. Do study well (unlike me), Happy Holidays and Happy New Year in advance !

Rishikesh Yalanavar, PMP

Passed in First Attempt with 3AT 3 years 4 months ago #25020

• Tamika Sublett
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login