fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP - 10/24/09

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP - 10/24/09

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 4 months ago #1083

Casey

's Avatar

Just wanted to mention that I also passed the PMP, on Oct 24th.

This was my 2nd attempt at the exam. The first time I took it was on June 6th, 2009.

Some study tips:

1) Read the PMBOK - the 4th Edition is not as dry as previous editions
2) Find the best way for you to learn, for me this was typing out all of the different inputs, tools/techniques, outputs from the PMBOK, then filling them in with material from my other study materials
3) I used the Head First PMP 2nd Edition at first, to expose myself to the materials initially, then followed up with Rita. There are many good books out there to choose from, take a look at as many as you can to find what works for you (the first time I took the exam, Rita did not work for me) and then focus on those materials.

A few tips to help the anxiety while taking the test:
1) Get rest the night before
2) I tracked my comfort level on the questions. I had three categories: Cat 1, questions I was 95% certain I was right, Cat 2, questions I was on the fence about, and Cat 3, questions I knew I did not know the answer. I wrote the question number down, and then marked them on the exam. Once I did a pass through all the questions, I went back to Cat 2, then Cat 3. This helped me feel more confident about how I was performing on the exam.

Good Luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login