fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 2020 Goal accomplished- passed on first attempt

2020 Goal accomplished- passed on first attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24950

• Jason Haskins
  • Jason Haskins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yesterday, I passed my exam with ATs in all the areas. I started this journey in 2018 by buying a study book, I started studying got busy with work and put it away. In January 2020, I decided to pick it back up, consistently study and fulfill this personal goal in 2020. I learned the PMBOK guide on my own and then completed the prepcast. The study book I used (Kim Heldmen's Study Guide) really humbled me and I consistently had poor scores on the chapter reviews. I then subscribed to the PrepCast and went through lesson by lesson. I then used the exam simulator and did much better than how I did on the book reviews.

Here are my lessons learned:
-I wish I had scheduled my exam further in advance, with my computer and home office not suitable for taking the exam at home I was only able to get one reservation at my local Pearson Vue Center before the end of the year and exam change.
-I wish I actually bought the PMBOK guide.... I only used a study guide that referenced the PMBOK guide, I balked at the price. The difference in practice question difficulty can greatly vary, I found simulator most like the exam.
-I wrote my own flashcards for each process, this worked out great for quickly looking up inputs, outputs and T&T. I even had my wife quiz me on a long drive.
-I did memorize formulas and prepared a brain dump though I did not need to reference it.
-I wish I had studied the exam tasks earlier, they are key to picking the BEST answer!
-I only found the time to do three full practice exams, I've been out of the classroom for a while and sitting in front of the laptop, no cell phones and no other distractions was a challenge but prepared me for the environment.
-While doing the exam simulators I would write down question numbers to go back and review and why I had not selected the BEST answer.

Thanks again to the Prepcast! Worth every penny and not having to do a retake!

[email protected] 3 years 4 months ago #24959

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jason,

Congratulations in completing your goal before the end of the year! Can you please clarify what you meant by "Exam tasks"?

Thank you.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login