fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed first try with two weeks intensive study. 5 AT's.

Passed first try with two weeks intensive study. 5 AT's. 3 years 4 months ago #24837

• Niamh Mongey
  • Niamh Mongey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yay. I passed. The relief.
I am working in projects for about 4 years, and undertook my training (35hrs) a long time back. Work has been manic, so I put off the application and then the exam scheduling till the last minute. So I found myself running out of time to take the current exam.
I used Annual Leave to study for 2 weeks, went over summary notes for each section.
I did not try to learn off formulas or ITTOs by heart. Instead I focused on understanding.
I had lots of static whiteboards all over my study, with the processes/ maps and key definitions (EEF/OPA). I found that wiping and redoing often, helped to recall them as needed.

I found the actual exam questions similar to the Prepcast Simulator - actually some were super familiar, which helped.
HOWEVER - the possible answers on the exam are way more difficult to navigate. At first read sometimes all four answers look good. You really need to read the question very carefully, and then work your way through each answer. Ultimately I went with my gut. And as I was trained by ppl with PMPs, I feel that I learned the PMBOK way, and it stood to me in this exam.
Scored AT in all. Happy days.

Passed first try with two weeks intensive study. 5 AT's. 3 years 4 months ago #24841

• Beena T.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Niamh, Congratulations on your success. Can you send me the link of precast simulator? I have planned my exam in 2 weeks

Passed first try with two weeks intensive study. 5 AT's. 3 years 4 months ago #24881

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi Beena. Here's the link to the simulator: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/ Good luck in your exam!
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed first try with two weeks intensive study. 5 AT's. 3 years 4 months ago #24882

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Niamh! That's an amazing achievement with two weeks of study.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed first try with two weeks intensive study. 5 AT's. 3 years 4 months ago #24904

• SAUIR KOPBAYEV
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations Niamh! Could you please share more details on exam preparation, within those 2 weeks, or previously, how many times you have re-read, and what types of books you used? (Pmbook, Rita etc.)?
Was it enough, or you used some additional sources or youtube channels ?

Thanks in advance!)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login