fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on first attempt with online proctored exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on first attempt with online proctored exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24796

AlK

thanks a lot for the response
3 years 4 months ago #24743

N Geh

The exam itself is 240 minutes. They ask you to log-in 30 minutes early to start the check-in process in case there are technical issues. Mine took maybe 10-15 minutes. Once that is done, you can start the test right away.
3 years 4 months ago #24742

AlK

Congratulations!!

Can you tell us how long did the exam take, 240 or 270 minutes? I was thinking it was 240 minutes but lately, I saw 270 minutes on the onVUE exam simulator's screen.

Thanks for the feedback.
3 years 4 months ago #24726

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, N Ge!

Thank you for sharing your study plan and experience.
3 years 4 months ago #24721

N Geh

I passed PMP on my first attempt yesterday (AT/AT/AT/AT/T). I took the online proctored exam and I must say I had a very good experience.

The test was actually easier than I anticipated. I also felt the questions were not as long. Most questions were maybe 1 or two lines, a few maybe 3-4 lines.
Some questions were pretty straightforward while others were confusing and tricky. All in all very well balanced test. I finished about 30 minutes early in the first section and 40 minutes in the second.
I used that time to review my flagged questions. There were maybe 4-5 calculations questions with very simple calculations.
There was one questions where I had to draw a network diagram with 5 or 6 tasks. It was pretty straight forward.

I did not use any exam simulator, only took plenty of after chapter and a few full length exams. I did not have the luxury to practice 4 hour exams, so I broke them down in 2 or 1 hour sessions and practiced finishing under allocated time. That helped me learn how to pace myself.

My office sent me to a week long bootcamp, which I felt was somewhat helpful. Especially in highlighting concepts that were important and slides I could take a look at as reviews.

Here is what I used to prep
---Notes and chapter exams from my bootcamp
---Andy Crowe - I used this the most because I felt it was to the point without long-winded explanations
---Rita- I used only for after chapter exams
---Head First- I used only for after chapter and full length exam
---Lehman's online and pdf questions
---PMI free mock test

I felt the PMI's own sample test was the hardest, where I scores 76% and got really discouraged. But that gave me a fair idea of how PMP questions can trick you. I scored over 80% on Lehman, and somewhere between 75% to 100% in rest of chapter and full length exams I took.

I might have studied on and off for a couple of months, but I spent a good week on just taking the sample tests etc to help pace myself.
I think, if you understand the concepts and how processes work together, it would be an easy exam for you. Make sure you understand the applicability and not just learn the concepts.

These forums really helped me with my expectations , therefore I wanted to write my experience and thank everyone.

Overall, I felt the exam was not that hard, maybe because I was expecting longer more confusing questions.
The most important thing I feel is to make sure you read the questions carefully and figure out what exactly is being asked.

Cheers!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login