fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam on 1st attempt!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam on 1st attempt!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24691

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Daniela!

Glad to hear that The PM PrepCast and PMP ExamSimulator have helped you in your PMP journey.
And thank you for sharing your experience.
3 years 4 months ago #24647

Daniela Daron

's Avatar

I took the exam yesterday and I was so happy to learn that I passed, it really brought tears to my eyes. I scored Above Target on 4 process groups and on Target in one process group.

Here is how I planned my journey:

1) A year ago I registered as a member of the PMI.
2) I purchased the PM Prepcast Elite package. I started watching the introductory videos. I read posts from the lessons learned repository.
3) I started reading the book, line by line, very carefully. I spent about three months doing this. I decided to create my own summary of everything I was reading. I used different pen colors and highlighters. This helped me with retention. I ended up writing two notebooks worth of notes. I would also search online for expanded learning topics on anything that either caught my eye, or needed to understand more.
4) I then applied for my PMP certification. It took me about 3 weeks to collect and put all the info together.
5) I started to dive deep into the lesson videos/podcasts around April this year. I also had access to a separate e-learning site with a similar study track; so I alternated between the two. I did this for about 6 months.
6) I paid for my exam in October.
7) 2 weeks out from the test date. I studied full-time, for long hours.
8 ) The week of the exam, I attended a boot camp. I took a mock-up exam 2 days before the test, and then 2 mock up exams 1 days before the test. I analyzed my answers, correct and incorrect, going back to the material to refresh the topic.
9) Finally, I took the test and succeeded at it!

Thank you PM Prepcast for all the help. The use of the Exam Simulator was a great help! I love how organized it is and how detailed it is... giving explanations for all options. It is such a great resource!!!

Good luck everyone,
Daniela

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login