fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Yesterday on Friday 13th

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Yesterday on Friday 13th

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24464

Synthia Williams

Congratulations and thanks for the insight.
3 years 4 months ago #24460

Benoit Fregiste

congratulations to you. I am so happy for you
3 years 4 months ago #24451

Shuchen Crockett

Hey Everybody! Can't believe I'm writing this lessons learned post today! I've gained my architect license on July 31st, and got my PMP certification yesterday so I guess I'm done with studying for exams for a loooooong time.

I've studied for three months in total. The study material I used were below:

1) PM PrepCast: I've watched all the video lectures and they are truly amazing! I was reviewing the formula study guide and pocket guide at the very end but couldn't finish them. I started taking the Practice exams in the simulator since last Saturday, and did 7 of them. The results are between 72.5% and 81%.

2) PMBOK Guide: I've only read it until Page 231.

3) Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep: Didn't finish it either. I stopped at Page 223.

4) Andy Crowe's The PMP Exam How to Pass on Your First Try: Didn't finish it either but with I had more time to study it.

5) Head First PMP: Great book for light reading, didn't finish it either.

6) The Human Aspects of Project Management Volume One: flipped through it.

7) ProjectManagement.com PMChallenge: I took their quiz here and there.

8) PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms: Didn't finish them.

I think the most important thing isn't trying to finish all the books you have, but rather really understanding the concept and knowledge. Every time I got a question wrongly, I would documented it in a running Google Slides documentation I have to do the questions in the meetup I have with my two study buddies. Good luck everybody!

Best,
Susan Crockett, AIA, PMP, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login