fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed 1st Attempt

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24288

• SYB
  • SYB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Community,

I gave my PMP Exam few hours back and i passed the exam. Here is my journey.

1. I started preparing for the exam around July this year. I started with Udemy PMP Series by Joseph Phillips. Even though i watched 80% of it. I was not convinced and did't get the overall perspective from the series.

2. After that i read Rita Mulcahy cover to cover. It made a lot of sense and understood most of the processes and concepts. I did all the exercises questions.

3. I followed it up by reading PMBOK guide cover to cover. For me personally PMBOK is the best guide for giving PMP Exam. Read it twice, till here.

4. It was not until 16 October this year, i came across a youtube video and the person recommanded PrepCast. I researched a bit and signed up for Prepcast. I gave the first Simulator exam same day and scored 63%. I couldn't complete around 25 questions because of time. But i realized this is what i was looking for. Nowhere i found questions to this challenging and answers with detailed explanation.

5. I gave the my second simulator exam on 17th October and scored 76.5 %. Same day i booked appointment for exam at test center for 4th November.

6. Gave the 3rd, 4th and 5th Exam, scored 71.5, 73.5 and 73%

7. Again read PMBOK cover to cover. Gave 5th Simulator exam and scored 81%.

5. Yesterday i gave last simulator exam. ie. a day before exam and scored 70%.(I felt the last exam most difficult, i think Prepcast has updated Simulator Exam content as per 2021 Exam(not sure)).

Finally, today was my exam at 10:30 in the morning. I thought it would be more like Simulator Exam. But the exam questions are more situational based and more difficult than the Simulator Exams. I passed the exam and scored
Initiating AT
Planning AT
Executing T
Monitoring T
Closing NI

I would like to thank the Prepcast team and the community here.
Next on the to-do list is PMI-ACP. Lets see how it goes. If anyone has any recommendation on the resources or material they have used. Kindly let me know, as it would benefit me and others here.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Gonce

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24302

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your story with us, and congratulations!
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24304

• VENKATA MADHUSUDAN VEMURI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Many best wishes and congratulations to you...

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24344

• William Brideau
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

How long it took you to schedule your exam, is there many availabilities if you do your exam online ?

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24346

• SYB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I had scheduled my exam at the VUE center around 15 days before. However, as i was observing most of the slots were getting filled in very fast as most of the aspirants want to take the current version of PMP Exam before the end of the year.

You can opt for PMP Home exam. There are lot of slots available for home exam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William Brideau

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24420

• Vishal Thomas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hi,
Quick question, when you said that you did your last simulator which was hard and you only scored 70%, is that the exam 7, or the ITTO exam ?

Passed 1st Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #24423

• SYB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I'm referring to Exam 7.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login