fbpx

Reply: Sharing negative experience with Proctored exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Sharing negative experience with Proctored exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24241

Anonymous

's Avatar

HI Anjali.
I am sorry :( I know how you feel.
I passed my exam on Saturday, 10-31... This time I chose a different location in the house and sat in front of a wall. That helped me to keep my eyes at the monitor and I was trying to control myself not to move the lips this time. After I got a Congrats message on the screen I picked up the phone cuz it was ringing every 5 mins they called me right away asking what I am doing :) I said - I completed the exam .. so I guess they don't see your screen, just your face, but I don't know. Anyways, good luck to you! :)
3 years 4 months ago #24239

Anjali Beniwal

Hi Anastasia,
So sorry about your experience. I had an exam yesterday and had the same experience except for the software issue. I was told not to mumble and during the whole exam, I was trying not to move my lips and eyes. I was so stressed out and unfortunately, I failed the exam. This time I will give the exam on-site. additional their whiteboard is awful, I can't understand why they can't use notepad instead.
Good luck with your exam.
Regards
Anjali
3 years 5 months ago #24113

Anastasia Ilteryakova

Thank you all for your kind messages. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
I sent a message to PMI customer care on Saturday and they apologized and already sent me a note that I can reschedule my exam now.

I sent the below message in addition to my original email I posted here to PMI since I really don't understand why you need to be treated this way when you are taking your exam:
"I believe that having a common sense could help to improve the student's stress level during the exam since answering PMI questions, controlling your eyes and mouth and answering Proctor's questions at the same time is very challenging and stressful and even if I would've have PMBOK in front of me during my exam, I would not pass unless I understand the concept and I practice before the exam. ":huh:

I hope my experience is unique and will never happen to any of you! :) B)

Regards,
Anastasia
3 years 5 months ago #24100

Elena Mekhanoshina

Anastasia, so sorry you had such an awful experience. To already answer 140 questions (while being constantly interrupted) and to have your exam canceled for no fault of yours, it is a real bummer! Try to stay calm and strong, and hopefully, PMI will be able to reschedule your exam sooner, and you'll nail it with no technical issues from Pearson this time!
3 years 5 months ago #24097

Anvesh Gandepally

Really sorry about your experience. PMI and Pearson must do something regarding this issue.
I hope they fixed the bug , my exam is tomorrow October 26,2020.
Thank you for the share
Anvesh
3 years 5 months ago #24095

Anvesh

's Avatar

Really sorry for the bad experience, I cant imagine how you are feeling
Am having my exam tomorrow on Monday October 26, 2020.
Hope fully they will have the bug fixed by then
Anvesh

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login