fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Test on First Attempt - 4 Above Target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Test on First Attempt - 4 Above Target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #23816

Ryan Watson

Yes, I would say so. Had a similar mix of 1-2 sentence questions where it was asking some of the "tasks for each domain" vs. the 3-4 sentences where it's setting up a scenario about "A Project manager comes in to a project midway through execution with x, y, z issues what do you do next."
3 years 5 months ago #23805

Arsene Ishimwe

sweet. were the exam questions the same length as prepcast questions?
3 years 5 months ago #23793

Ryan Watson

Hello all,

I studied for a total of 11 weeks but honestly it was overkill. I pushed through the PM Prepcast course in the 2 weeks before it lets you take the quiz for the certification. I immediately submitted my application and was accepted with no audit. I scheduled my test for 9 weeks out from that point but as i mentioned, it was almost too much time. I found the quizzes and tests from the Prepcast very helpful. I took a 20-30 question quiz on each knowledge area as well as 4 full practice tests for well over 1,000 practice questions. I found the questions more helpful because I could determine more of what seemed important to focus on as well as the structure of the question in terms of breaking down what process, knowledge area, and specific action was being taken. I then also spent additional time knowing when the more major outputs were - assumptions/issues log, risk register, baselines, etc... and did not spend as much time on inputs because they are mostly the outputs from previous processes so knowing those helps you with both. I found taking the practice tests was good to gauge my time on the real tests although i was finishing the practice tests faster than my real test because i had flagged questions and was more hesitant to move forward on questions i was unsure of. Overall, the PM Prepcast was tremendously hhelpful though. I took detailed notes of each video and typing up the information helped me remember the details - especially the sort of one off things that you need to know. Hope this is helpful!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login