fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP today, first attempt, at Testing Center

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP today, first attempt, at Testing Center

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23253

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Roxanne,

Congratulations for job well done!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
3 years 6 months ago #23246

Roxanne Pratt

Prep Cast was vital to my passing this exam. As others have mentioned, the exam questions may be skightly more vague, but the practice exams really helped me narrow down the process for context and easiky eliminate the wrong choices to leave only two in most cases. Also, often times none of the answers were "perfect" so the choice was to weed out the obvious non-starters. I remembered that advice here and it helped me stay focused when Istarted to feel frustrated.

So happy to be complete because at 59 yo, I was not looking forward to trying it again. I would have done it Try 2 and Try 3 if needed as my employer actually has obtaining this certification on my performance review this year, but I would not have looked forward to retesting.

I took several timed quizzes of 50 questions scoring 82% each time. Continued studying and tried 3 full practice exams simulating testing conditions: 85%, 82%, 86%. Reading the explanations for wrong answers as well as those I marked but got right was imperative for me. Significantly boosted my confidence when I found I got those marked answers right for the right reason (for each answer I tried to mentally detail why I made the selection I did when I was unsure of the right choice).

I came to Prep Cast a little late in my preparations, so I only had time to take the 3 exams .... I would probably have done better than 1 BT/ 4 ATs if I had completed more, so I highly recommend taking as many of the prep exams as you can while thoroughly reviewing each exam to help focus studying.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login