fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23201

• William Turno
  • William Turno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Name: William Mendoza Turno, PMP
Profession: Civil Engineer

PMP Exam Preparation:
April 15, 2020 – Enrolled to PM PrepCast Elite, Formulas and Test Simulation.
May 21, 2020 – Completed “The Project Management PrepCast Course”
May 21, 2020 – Applied for PMP Credential
June 17, 2020 – PMP application was approved and scheduled my exam
June 22 – August 21, 2020 – Focus on Study
August 22, 2020 – Passed the PMP Exam

PMP Study Materials:
1. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge – PMBOK GUIDE, 6th Edition (PDF)
2. Project Management Professional (PMP) Handbook
3. Project Management Institute (PMI) Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
4. PMI Ethical Decision-Making Framework
5. PMP Examination Content Outline
6. PM PrepCast Videos, Exam Simulation and Formulas (Package Deal)
7. My Personal Study Notes (in Excel Sheets)
8. One YouTube video about relationship of Processes and Knowledge Areas

Journey:
I have been targeting to get the PMP credential last year 2019, hence I got the PMI membership last October 2019. The required work experience will be no issue for me, the only headache was the 35 hours of formal project management education. I scouted for any local project management education credited by PMI here in Singapore. I have found one but it was expensive. I was busy with my work and slightly forget about my plan.

COVID19 Pandemic was a game changer. PMI announced that they will be conducting an online proctored exam due to the pandemic. I grabbed the opportunity and started my plan again with a twist. I started searching online on any PMI credited course. I came across the PM PrepCast and decided to get enrolled during the COVID19 lockdown period. I have made my idle time productive. I passed the course assessment and applied for the PMP credential. While waiting for the application approval, I have prepared a study schedule and target date for the online exam. First, I have plan to schedule it on July 2020 before my birthday, when I work out the schedule, it was too rush. So, I decided to move the exam date one (1) month more, hence, August 22, 2020 was the date.

My study routine was just simple.
1. I have watched again the PrepCast videos. But this time, I have taken down notes and screenshots and recorded it on an excel sheet.
2. I have read the PMBOK Guide 6th Edition two (2) times. I pay attention to part 3, appendices, glossary, and index as well.
3. I have made an excel sheet and wrote all the definitions in each category.
4. I just studied and follow my study plan. It is not perfectly followed but it guides me on what to do next.
5. The last week nearing the exam was just taking the PMP Exam Simulator. I have completed all the simulation exams with very low scores. The highest I got was only 72% (PMP Exam 3). The rest of the scores were below 66%. I only took the 200 questions timed exam.

Lessons Learned:
My last major exam was 16 years ago, that was an exam schedule for 3 consecutive days, with 3 major subjects for each day, to become a Professional Civil Engineer in the Philippines. I have recalled that was not easy and I have gauged the PMP exam so that I can have the same level of concentration during those times.

I was very worried on simulation exam results but I was not discouraged. It actually gave me the push to concentrate and focus more on the task at hand.
a. I have timed my exam in every 100 questions. The online exam has a 10 minutes break.
b. I have timed how long I can complete reading the questions and possible answers. Especially the longer questions.
c. I have prepared a simulation on the exam simulation on how to manage the time. I skip and marked the questions that need calculation and get back to it once I reach the number 100 question. This is my default procedure.
d. I have changed my study timing. I studied the wrong answers during the night where my daughter is already asleep. I was happy to get the wrong answers so that I can review them.
e. I reviewed every day my notes that I have prepared taken from the PrepCast videos.
f. I memorized the formulas and understand the uses.

The only word that I can described to pass the exam is FOCUS.

On the Exam Day:
I do not know about you. But I believe in God. I have surrendered to Him my shortcoming and I have prayed that I have done my best to prepare to the exam and asked Him to give me a presence of mind and to endure the four (4) hours PMP exam.

Conclusion:
I am now a proud Project Management Professional credential holder.

Thank you PM PrepCast for this online course, it made my life easier during this time of pandemic and achieved my goal just staying in the comfort of home.

Study Notes Link: (If you want to use for your reference)
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SsqIUj_B...ehxHcywx?usp=sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owais Alsharif, Jason McMillen, Sunkara Rao
Last edit: by William Turno.

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23234

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi William,

Congratulations on your great achievement!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23299

• William Turno
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Yolanda Mabutas wrote: Hi William,

Congratulations on your great achievement!

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Thank you Ms. Yolanda! :)

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23326

• Nour
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations William!

Thank you for sharing your journey and your documents!:)

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23345

• PATRICE WALLACE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
amen! i will be taking my exam on Sunday. GOD WILL BE WITH ME!

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23346

• William Turno
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Good luck and God Bless! B)

First Striked: New PMP Credential Holder 3 years 6 months ago #23404

• William Turno
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
You are welcome. Good luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login