fbpx

Reply: Passed First Attempt. Thank You Prep Cast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed First Attempt. Thank You Prep Cast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23235

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Mustafa,

Congratulations for a job well done!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
3 years 7 months ago #23166

Mustafa Hamdani

I passed PMP first attempt, with all areas Above Target. Its been a year now but I thought I would be not doing my duty if I do not write this.

Preparation Time: 3 months
Material Used: PMBOK and PM PrepCast Only
Practice Questions: PerpCast Only

First question that is asked is which resources and books to use to prepare for the PMP exam. My answer would be to use PMBok and one good supporting material, this in my case was PMP Prepcast. I read PMBOK once slowly, in first read some concepts remained unclear, some topics are not understandable and relatable on first PMBok read. I listened to Prepcast completely once, slowly trying to assimilate everything. While listening I refered to PMBok often. The bigger picture began to get clear. Also used google for some topics.

I re-read PMBok and I felt that I would be able to pass. I went back to PrepCast where I felt I needed to re-revision.

The process chart I had thoroughly memorized on my first PMBok read. As I covered a process I made sure that i was memorizing along the way. ITTOs I started memorising initially and then realised its not important. Only some main outputs or inputs must be remembered by heart.

I did all PrepCast exams under strict exam conditions. This was the last thing I did. I went to each wrong answer and made sure to understand why i made it wrong. For the first two or three exams I went through the right answers also, but later was tired and had to do an exam a day, which was getting too hectic. I scored 80 to 87% in all exams.

Important one line advise which was given to me and I found it to be absolutely correct is.. People fail the PMP exam not due to their preparation but due to lack of preparation of exam conditions and stress.

So please be at exam before time, better to visit the center few days before. Manage water intake before the exam to avoid going to washroom even once.

Thank You to the prayers of my mother, the patience and support of my wife. And a great big thanks to Mr. Cornelius Fitcher. I have no doubt in my mind that PM PrepCast is by far the best study material for PMP. The exams and questions are very close to the actual exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login