fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam in the Second Attempt

Passed the PMP Exam in the Second Attempt 3 years 7 months ago #22977

• Oguz Avci
  • Oguz Avci's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my experience of the journey in passing the PMP exam. I've been studying since March although with a heavy work load, I had not been focusing or organizing myself. I rushed my first run in early June and failed. After that, I started taking it seriously and developed a game plan. I reviewed the ITTOs daily. The PMP Prep Cast Exam Simulator was really extremely critical in achieving success. I've been in Project Management for ~3 years now and I understand the PMBOK as a concept although the way questions are presented in the exam requires a different approach and mentality. Here is what I suggest to readers who are looking to achieve their PMP designation:

1.) Try to attempt this exam before the end of 2020 as there will be changes to the exam format and I believe the approval process.

2.) You must set aside time to constantly review and learn and must abide by that schedule:
a.) You could do daily (or every other day) readings on study guides, PMBOK or solve quizzes for an hour or so.
b.) You should set aside time on the weekends to complete full exam simulations (200 questions)
c.) Try to schedule your exam and work your way backward to develop a study plan

3.) It is critical that you learn to read and understand the question because only then you'll be able to identify the possible correct answer(s)
a.) To narrow down even further, you'll need to understand which process group you're in and scratch the answers which don't belong
b.) The PMP Exam Prep really teaches you to the approach in answering the questions (although the PMP exam is different and less informative, you can easily develop an approach to get to the correct answer. (Thank you Cornelius Fichtner & team for creating this community)

During your exam, remember to be calm and bring your critical thinking skills. Make sure you take your time as 4 hours should be enough to go through each question once. Use the "marked" button to flag questions you're not sure about then come back to them. By solving more questions, you may be able to answer those correctly later in the exam.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns, I'll do my best to assist.
Last edit: by Oguz Avci.

Passed the PMP Exam in the Second Attempt 3 years 7 months ago #22978

• Sarah Fucci
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Congratulations on passing your exam and thank you for sharing your experience!
Sarah Fucci, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oguz Avci

Passed the PMP Exam in the Second Attempt 3 years 7 months ago #22981

• Vimbai Ruzvidzo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welldone!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oguz Avci

Passed the PMP Exam in the Second Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #25124

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats!
Is The PMP Exam Prep >>> the Prepcast simulator ?
This is my second attempt and purchasing simulator for the 1st time.

Passed the PMP Exam in the Second Attempt 3 years 4 months ago #25157

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
OSP International have several products to help you prepare for PMI exams and from reading the comment above I think the author is refer to the exam simulator.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login