fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Which project description to put first ?

Which project description to put first ? 3 years 8 months ago #22909

• Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP
  • Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
In the application for PMP exam, I am confused about which experience to put first. In the application, PMI tells to put the most recent experience first. But I have seen in a few online portals that it is better to put the largest project first.

I completed a project from 04/2017 to 09/2019 and then started another project in 10/2019 which is currently in progress.

Should I put the ongoing project description (most recent, 11 months duration) first? Or is it better to put description of the completed project first, which had 30 months duration?

I know this question seems redundant since PMI tells to put the most recent experience first. But I want to be clear. Please let me know. Thank you.
Last edit: by Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP.

Which project description to put first ? 3 years 8 months ago #22952

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
I would do what PMI advises you to do. Ultimately, it's unlikely to matter much, as the new application form works out your overlapping/experience hours and will tell you when you've put enough duration hours in.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Which project description to put first ? 3 years 8 months ago #22966

• Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP
  • Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you. I will put the most recent experience first.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login