fbpx

Reply: PMP Certification 5ATs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Certification 5ATs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22895

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Ryan,

Congratulations, job well done!
3 years 8 months ago #22877

Ryan Klopp

I personally wanted to get my PMP before the exam changed. However, I was missing a couple months of experience so I decided to take my CAPM certification to increase my likelihood of getting a position that would count towards the experience so I got my CAPM in February, I found for me knowing about the PMBOK framework while managing projects helped me learn the content.

I Started preparing for the PMP 3 months ago, thanks to the handy podcast feature i would download the PMP Prepcast Episodes on my phone and listen to them while running, keeping a mental note of the big questions that I had.

After watching all videos I did the exam simulator scoring 83 .5, 84.5, 91, 87, 86.5, 84.5, 85. I found that doing the full length exams helped me with pacing. I would review the wrong answers and take a learning quiz that only included the incorrect questions. I would then switch to the mobile version of the exam simulator and review my correct answers by trying to come up with a similar answer without reading the answer choices. The reason i switched to mobile is that i could see my answers on desktop however I had to scroll down to see the answers on my mobile.

After the Prepcast exam 4 I did the PMI sample test, the reason why I did it here was because I heard it was hard and I wanted a couple more tests to boost my confidence. I scored 71.5 on the sample test.

The last 2 days I watched How to memorize the Outputs of the PMBOK Guide 6th Edition for the PMP Exam... with Aileen once per day and the last day it was about 30 minutes before my exam.

The Exam itself was fine the only thing that provided anxiety was the timer at the beginning because it was in minutes instead of hours and the break was at question 90. If i had to redo it i would start practicing the break and not being to go back through the 90 questions after the break to get the pacing down. I didn't waste any time on a brain dump. Did it at the testing center as it was one less thing I had to worry about but wore a comfortable mask, it was a little noisy at times, however I soon started to tune out the noise.

Now i get to celebrate and relax

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login