fbpx

Reply: Passed on 1st try - Here was my approach and lessons learned...

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 1st try - Here was my approach and lessons learned...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22782

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Mike! Thanks for coming back and sharing your story with us.
3 years 8 months ago #22769

Michael Murello

Thanks to the PMP Prepcast, I was successful on my first attempt at the PMP exam!
I began my journey back in March of 2020 with the purchase of the Prepcast and Exam Simulator. My plan was to listen to the podcasts on my commute to and from work - then COVID hit, severely cutting into my windshield time. I adjusted my study plan accordingly, and in April I began a daily study regiment which equated to ~1.5 prepcast modules / week. (I would've liked to accelerate my study window, but work and father duties don't take a break.)
Cornelius is a joy to listen to. He had me giggling at times, and by the end, had instilled confidence in me that I would pass the exam.
Though the Prepcast was fantastic, the moment I knew I made the right decision in my investment was when I got to the Exam Simulator. Very well done interface and fantastic explanations for each Q&A. I'm not sure what, if anything, would've been a better simulation of the real thing.

Tips:
  • Listen to the podcasts with video on your phone/tablet so you can up the speed to 1.5x. (2x was too fast for me to keep up)
  • Taking full timed-exams in the days leading up to the exam was not the smartest. They're mentally exhausting. I'd suggest those in the weeks leading up to the exam. In the week of, doing shorter bursts of practice questions and immediate review of your answer (right or wrong) would've been smarter for me.

I passed my exam in July of 2020, taking my test from home, which was quite the adventure.
I won't hesitate to recommend the PM Prepcast and the Exam Simulator to any aspiring PMP.
Thanks to Cornelius and the entire PM Prepcast team!
-Mike

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login