fbpx

Reply: Lesson Learned - Pass on my first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lesson Learned - Pass on my first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22744

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Owen,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!
3 years 8 months ago #22734

Owen Xi Li

2020 is a very difficult year. I had to reschedule my exam twice because of COVID 19, but I never lose faith in my 7 months long preparation. I passed my exam today with AT/AT/T/AT/T

My Study Materials:
Read PMBOK
Download PrepCast Lessons on my iPhone and listen whenever I am on the road
Rita Mulcahy’s Exam Prep
PMP Exam Prep
Head First PMP
PMP Exam Simulator
Simpli learn Mock Test
Edwel Mock Exam
47 PMP Easily Confused Terms w/w In-depth Explanation by Edward Chung

My list of Prep materials and mock exams were simply because I had more time in my hand. For other PMP PrepCast lessons and Exam Simulator is the minimum requirement for a thorough preparation. Especially the Exam Simulator, I can say it is better than the real thing. The functionality is familiar and designed questions were right on the point. My first three mock exams failed with 60+%, but I learned so much from the result explanations.

The actual exam:
I took the exam at my local Pearson VUE testing center. I had to wear a mask for the entire duration of the test. But I enjoyed the old school way of taking an exam in a professional setting. The real exam questions were very similar to the PMP Exam Simulator. There were a few direct ITTO process questions, but mostly situational questions. Some calculation, diagram and schedule questions, but understand the question was the key. Memorizing formulas, names of theories or methods should not be the most time of your learning. Manage your time wisely, there is a 10 mins break in the exam, take it for water or bathroom break or just stand up and walk away for a little but check time often because after the 10 mins, your exam resumes automatically. Always ask for a pair of ear plugs or noise-canceling headset.

Overall, treat it like a real project. If I can do it, you can do it as well. Best of luck!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login