fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: HOW I PASSED PMP EXAM AFTER FAILING ON FIRST TRY - YES FAILING ON THE FIRST TRY

HOW I PASSED PMP EXAM AFTER FAILING ON FIRST TRY - YES FAILING ON THE FIRST TRY 3 years 8 months ago #22695

• Usman Musa
  • Usman Musa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
First of all, I failed PMP test on my first try. Yes, first try, despite going through all the necessary protocol: I went through the training for requisite 37 hours, read the PMBOK Guide cover to cover and with the assistance of some Free Simulation Sites for more than three months.

My exam was CBT and at first I was very confident, but immediately I attempted the first 10 questions I got completely demoralized. I immediately realized the exam questions were all scenario-based questions unlike the questions adopted by the Free Simulation Sites I reviewed before the exam. The truth is that the PMP exam evaluates your understanding of the PM concepts not just what you have memorized from the Guide.

As an IT person, I have written over 10 certification exams over the years but that was the first exam I failed, so that experience was a serious disappointment. After the exam, I knew i must change my approach in order to succeed on my second try. First of all, I knew i had to get some additional materials to augment the PMBoK guide and again find a simulation site that has a scenario-based questions to test my preparations. I had a discussion with my immediate boss (who is PMP Certified too) in the office and he was surprised I didn't even read Rita Mulcahy book before sitting for the exam.

So I later went to the internet and reviewed the best PMP simulation sites and the result showed the PM Prepcast site has the highest rating among many sites evaluated by Google users. Remember my new approach was getting additional materials and signing for PM Prepcast simulation, because the truth is that the pmp test syllabus covers merely 75% pmbok guide designed in a scenario-based style. I immediately signed for PM Prepcast simulation (only) and read the new materials side by side with the pmp guide for another three months before my second try.

On the 9th of March 2019, I sat for the test (Paper Based Test this time around) again and luckily I received my result on the 27th March and passed with flying colours (four ATs and one T) courtesy to this new approach. I must give credit to Prepcast, because all its questions are tailored in a scenario-based approach, and I can testify like many other pundits, that their questions are more difficult than the real pmp exam.
Based on my personal experience, If I’m to compare the difficulty level of the two, and let’s assume the pmp exam is on level 1, then Prepcast simulation must be on level 3. Remember, even in ordinary Game, higher levels are more difficult and I suppose that was the model the developers exploited in deploying the Prepcast questions-bank.

As Expected, my exam went smoothly and in fact I got to the ‘Finish Line’ 20 minutes earlier. I utilized the 20 minutes to review the marked questions and all other questions with calculation.
For me, the PM Prepcast is the best pmp simulator in the world and I will always recommend it to other PMP aspirant. So far I have recommended it to two of my colleagues presently undergoing PMP classes.

Usman Musa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edwin Gonzaga, PATRICE WALLACE

HOW I PASSED PMP EXAM AFTER FAILING ON FIRST TRY - YES FAILING ON THE FIRST TRY 3 years 8 months ago #22725

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Usman,

Congratulations on your well-deserved success!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usman Musa

HOW I PASSED PMP EXAM AFTER FAILING ON FIRST TRY - YES FAILING ON THE FIRST TRY 3 years 8 months ago #22817

• SumarPMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login