fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: This is how I passed PMP with minimum effort in the first try

This is how I passed PMP with minimum effort in the first try 3 years 8 months ago #22693

• Subhayu Ghosh
  • Subhayu Ghosh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have assumed you have 5 years of working experience. May not be the structured PM role but any corporate role will do.

TIP #1 Don't read any books including Rita M or for that matter even PMBOK. Do not join any paid training. Its a waste of time. I know you are thinking I am nuts but this is a fact. So here is what you should do
TIP #2 Focus only on understanding the process flows. This is the only savior for the PMP exam.
(a) Watch Ricardo Vargas YOuTube video on PMP processes
(b) Begin reading PART 2 - The Standards of Project Management (Read THE ITTO's to recap the flow DO NOT memorize), then SKIM READ PART 3 and Appendix (focus on the tables, figures, and Agile concepts) of the PMBOK.
TIP #3 Start your PrepCast exam simulator exams (8 of them) in the full exam mode and follow the order. After every exam check every incorrect answer, cross reference it with the PMBOK reference given to you and highlight relevant parts on the PMBOK. This highlight will be handy for the recap on the day before the exam.
TIP #4 on the last day before the exam recap all the highlighted parts from Part-1 of the PMBOK, and the tables and flow chart from Part-2 of PMBOK.

You may score 50-70 on your first exam but you will score in the 70's from the 5th exam onward until the 7th and you will fail the 8th one. Just go with the flow. NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF.
All tips are very important, follow it to the T and you will pass. All the best.

This is how I passed PMP with minimum effort in the first try 3 years 8 months ago #22694

• Felix Kamanga, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Subhayu,

Thank you for sharing your ideas.
Even if they are unique, I can say that your TIP #3 is the most critical to ensure proper preparation.
Felix Kamanga, PMP
Community Moderator

This is how I passed PMP with minimum effort in the first try 3 years 8 months ago #22697

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks a lot for the valuable input. There is so much to cover I did not know how to approach the studies. Now I know exactly how to go ahead.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login