fbpx

Reply: PMI sample test- Score 67%

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI sample test- Score 67%

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22597

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks so much, Lisa...especially for your advice titled "Save the long questions for the end." :))
3 years 8 months ago #22568

Viswa Kathir

Thank you Felix for your guidance. I will follow those in my coming mocks and will improve myself.
3 years 8 months ago #22546

Felix Kamanga, PMP

Hello Viswa,

I think that Rita’s book is an excellent resource for the PMP Exam preparation, but I cannot say that everyone who passed at the exam has used it for their preparation!
Additionally, I think that working with the Exam Simulator, where you are answering questions like in the exam, and you can see comments on each possible answer provided after you finish, is a very effective way to get prepared.

That being said, according to the scores you have mentioned talking about your performance when working with the mock, I can suggest you for the remaining days that you have to focus on doing more mock and trying to improve your score to 70% and more.

After receiving your score, read carefully the explanations provided for each answer, even for those you answered correctly. It is critical to know WHY your answer is right or wrong. Doing such, I think that you will improve your score and ultimately feel more confident to take the exam.

I hope that this could help, and I wish you all the best for your exam.
3 years 8 months ago #22542

Viswa Kathir

Hi Lisa,
I must admit you gave amazing tips which I will deliberately follow to see the improvement in my mock exams. Thanks for sharing such a detailed thought process with me.

Thanks,
Viswa
3 years 8 months ago #22541

Viswa Kathir

Hi Gabriella,

Thank you so much for your response. You gave a worthful tip of reading all the questions and answers irrespective of the correctness which I will follow in the coming days.
I have two and a half weeks for my exam. Will prepare my best.

Thanks,
Viswa
3 years 8 months ago #22540

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Viswa,

I agree with Gabriella . . .

The first thing that comes to my mind is to contact Rita’s company with your questions: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Her website shows there may be a blog you can subscribe to.

I bought Rita’s book, materials, and simulator, too, but didn't use them much. I didn’t find them as helpful as PrepCast’s. PrepCast’s PM Exam Simulator and video lessons consistently stuck to PMBOK-specific language and concepts. The simulator was by far the best because it explained EACH answer in depth (A, B, C, and D) and why it was right or wrong, in addition to a general paragraph about the question. So no, you don’t have to read Rita’s book to pass. I read Andy’s Crowe’s book, The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, 6th Edition.

As Gabriella mentioned, too, the last couple of weeks before my test, I took as many simulated quizzes and exams as I could and reviewed the incorrect answers at the very least. It’s where the majority of learning happened for me.

Lastly, here are my top 3 exam tips:

Nail down what is being asked.
It’s hard in many cases. Everyday words are used in place of PMBOK terms, like implementing work vs. the Executing Process Group. In some questions, I wasn’t supposed to address a problem. Rather, they wanted to know the best way to illustrate it after-the-fact to my team vs. to a vendor vs. to a sponsor.

Differentiate the answers.
When I got stuck on a question, I moved my focus to the 4 answer choices. I described them in my head and tried to differentiate them. What’s the point of the Communications Management Plan vs. Resources Management Plan vs. Risk Register?

Save the long questions for the end.
On my 1st pass through the exam, I skipped all questions that were more than 2 sentences or had calculations. On the 2nd pass, I tackled the 3+ sentence and calculation questions. I banked on the probability that the unscored, “experimental questions” were in this group of longer questions.

I wish you the best, Viswa. We’re rooting for you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login