fbpx

Reply: Scope Mgmt, Req Mgmt plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Scope Mgmt, Req Mgmt plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 4 months ago #1002

Cornelius Fichtner

Michely,

You are correct that the PMBOK Guide does not specifically say how you use the Requirements Management Plan after you create it. It just says that you need it. Remember though, that the PMBOK Guide is a GUIDE and not a step-by-step project management methodology / checklist. It doesn't tell you everything.

The RMP, as most other plans as well, is meant as a reference document. It documents your strategy and tactics for how you will be planning, tracking and reporting your requirements. It also tells you how changes to requirements are initiated and approved.

The idea is that throughout the project, whenever you are working on your requirements documentation, you need to follow the plan. For instance, if you have a change to a requirement the plan should be able to tell you what change request form you need to fill in and who will be approving it. It defines your the processes your project follows in regards to requirements management.
14 years 4 months ago #998

MICHELY T RIVAS

"Req Management plan" is an output of "Collect requirements process".
I can´t find where is this output used. I understand the meaning of that output.. in fact, i think is a very important and usefull output, but Can´t find in the PMBOK where they actualy use all the potencial of it. Some ideas?

Tks a lot.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login