fbpx

Reply: Doubt in application. Requirement of non-overlapping experience.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Doubt in application. Requirement of non-overlapping experience.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22191

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Thank you, Gabriella.
3 years 8 months ago #22161

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Rahul,

I know that the waiting time can be disappointing, but - as Harry pointed out - you need to be patient under the circumstances.
In my experience, I didn't get any chance to interact with PMI on the chat, either, but they will get back to you eventually, typically by e-mail. So I agree this is the best way to contact them, to get a prompt reply to your question.

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22159

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Thank you, Harry. Will do.
3 years 8 months ago #22155

Harry Elston

Rahul,

None of the moderators here on the boards can speak for PMI. The best advice we have is what Gabriella said - talk with PMI.

You'll have to be patient with them, however. It's a small office and we're still under COVID protocols in many areas in the US. I found the "chat" function singularly useless even during regular business hours before COVID. Your best bet is to write them and ask. They will respond in a couple of days.

Harry
3 years 8 months ago #22148

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Hi Gabriella, Thank you so much for explaining. I tried to contact PMI by chat. But 6 hours passed and no one responded. I heard that they changed the application by the end of June. But didn't know what changed.

Just asking a part of my initial question again. If I list the two overlapping projects, they do count to 3 years and I pass the criteria. Do you consider 2 projects to be enough or is minimum requirement 3 projects at least?

Please answer. Thank you.
3 years 8 months ago #22144

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hello Rahul,

I strongly invite you to ask this question to the PMI, as I'm sure they will be able to guide you through the process.

Nevertheless, please notice that the PMI has recently change the application (as of mid-June 2020). The professional experience is now measured in months (and not in hours), so you are now required to prove a minimum of 3-year / 36-month project management experience. The non-overlapping requirements still holds, though. So, if in a given month (say, January) you managed two projects, that month will count only once, and not twice because of the two projects. Anyway, the PMI application system automatically monitors whether the requirements are met based on the project information you enter in the application: I found it useful for verification.

Hope that helps,

Gabriella

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login