fbpx

Reply: Self_Assessment_10_Communications: Question-13: Request clarification

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Self_Assessment_10_Communications: Question-13: Request clarification

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22006

AMJAD MOHAMMED ABDUL

Dear All,

Many Thanks for the explanations.

[My understanding based on your explanations is -
the Communications Plan' if it has to be revised then it will performed as part of process 'Plan communications Management' provided the corresponding change-request through 'Perform-integrated-change-control' is approved.

If the 'Communications Plan' is require to be updated then it will be performed as part of process 'Manage Communications' provided the corresponding change-request 'Perform-integrated-change-control' is approved. (this is as per PMBOK Guide )

Kindly check and let me know if the above understanding is correct.

Best Regards,
Amjad
3 years 9 months ago #21990

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

I agree with Kyle. If I may add something, I would say that in this scenario, the PM decides that the communications management plan is outdated, so a mere update would not be enough. She needs to go back to planning to revise the communication mgmt plan completely.
For sure, the communication mgmt plan may be updated as a result of the Manage Communications process. But keep in mind that those are components that MAY be updated, including but not limited to those listed.
As a final recommendation, I encourage you to use the Live Feedback option available in the simulator when you judge the explanation provided as inadequate.
3 years 9 months ago #21983

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

Here's the way I understand it. In the Monitoring and Controlling Process Group we identify deviations from the plan. Identifying the deviation for this case occurs in Monitor Communications. The eventual outcome will be an update to the Communications Management Plan. However, there are steps in between you need to conduct to properly update the plan. You would first plan the update after the change request (if required) is approved. Therefore, the best answer to the question would be A - Plan Communications Management.
3 years 9 months ago #21980

Shweta Iyer

Hi Amjad,
PMP is all about selecting the best option for the question in the given situation. the above questions mentions the comm plan is outdated so the next best option is to plan the comm again instead of updating it. although updates to comm plan is output of manage comm in this situation you have another best option of planning it rather than managing the plan. hope this is clear
3 years 9 months ago #21975

AMJAD MOHAMMED ABDUL

Hello,

Kindly recheck the query and help.

Best Regards,
Amjad
3 years 9 months ago #21814

AMJAD MOHAMMED ABDUL

Hello,

Thanks for your responses !

However, as per PMBOKGuide- Section 10.2.3 MANAGE COMMUNICATIONS: OUTPUT; 10.2.3.2 PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLAN UPDATES- Changes to Communications management plan are updated as part of the process 'Manage Communications'. Screenshot attached from PMBOKGuide.

Please recheck and clarify.

Best Regards,
Amjad
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login