fbpx

Reply: Yuvi

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Yuvi

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21906

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Yuvi! And thanks for sharing your experience with the pilot exam.
3 years 9 months ago #21797

Above target Passed PMP - PILOT

's Avatar

I cleared PILOT with above target on all 3 domains for the new format now set to roll out in 2021.

Really excited as the format is new and no practice tests where available.

I would like to share my experience so that it can be useful for anyone taking the exam next year.

Here is what I did,
1.5 months of preparation (intensive prep during the last 2 weeks):
1. Studied RITA prep twice, revised on the morning of the exam (did most of the tasks in the book) - applied the process through my work experience
2. Skimmed through PMBOK once few days before exam and downloaded some other materials online to practice formula questions, understand processes better
3. I did some practice test like 10, 25, 50, 100 questions (FREE versions available )- didn't take a full test just timed my performance (got mostly 65% on the tough ones, sometimes even 40% and 85% on the easy ones) - anyways I knew on the back of my mind that, the new format will be different questions mostly, so was a bit convinced that I can give the PILOT a go
4. Most important tips - PMI gave a link to study hall (highly recommend) -> link to study hall
took sample questions from here (one each day as they become available)
Went through exam outline in detail (really important)
Went through (skimmed to topics that are relevant based on exam outline) the references recommended by PMI (highly recommend - Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process by Kenneth S. Rubin, Agile Foundations - Principles, Practices, and Frameworks by Peter Measey if you are not familiar in agile scrum practices - I have experience working in this environment so it really helped me answering the questions on the exam day)

Actual exam experience -
It's mostly going to be agile scrum related questions with you as the PM - so applying yourself in that role along with some basic understanding of the PMBOK processes is key
PMI study hall questions can be used as a reference

Formula related questions were like 2-3 (very simple), questions are not like the current format it's more behavioral type applying agile scrum principles along with PMBOK processes

Honestly I wasn't sure if I did the exam well enough, but, was satisfied as I managed to do like 178/200 with 5 mins left, given that is my first attempt taking a full exam.

Then the last 5 mins, I got a taste of the exam format, that I simply went through the options to choose the practical one applicable (honestly didn't eve read the questions for the last 10 questions)

I think I managed to attempt 199/200 or so, can't remember, this was back in March.

Got the results today, I would have been very much satisfied with meeting the targets, but, was over the moon seeing that I got above target on all 3 domains.

One thing that I did during the exam was I tried applying myself in the situations using my real work experience with PMBOK principles on the back of my mind - I think that might have worked.

Hope this helps those preparing for the new format in 2021.

All the best and stay safe!!!

Yuvi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login