fbpx

Reply: PrepCast questions vs PMI free questions vs real exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PrepCast questions vs PMI free questions vs real exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25014

Jacob

's Avatar

Thank you, that is very useful information
3 years 3 months ago #25000

Devin

I can answer that. The 1st half of my test was much like PrepCast and I finished with a lot of time left (in fact so much time I thought I was screwed). I now chock this up to the fact that I had taken all the PrepCast tests and was just an expert on zeroing in on the right answer. The second half of my test was more like the PMI test., but not quite. The PMI test I think is a little off/vaguer than the harder/longer situational questions you will get on the exam. The PMI practice exam is great because it makes you deal with nuance, reading the question carefully, time management, eliminating bad answers, quickly getting the context of the question and ultimately deciding between two relatively correct answers.

Test taking is the best learning strategy, but careful test review is even more important. For each question on any practice exam you take you should be getting the correct answers down to two choices.

Long story short, each exam is selecting at random from the test bank for each candidate. The level of difficulty of the exam for each candidate will be different.

Hope this helps.
3 years 3 months ago #24998

Jacob Joseph

Hi Irena,
First of all congratulations for your outstanding performance!
Now that you have taken the real exam, could you please answer the questions that you had posted initialy. (Cut and past below):
2. Is the difficulty level of real PMP exam comparable to the PMP PrepCast questions?
3. Are the free test questions from PMI free exam comparable (in wording/difficulty) to the real exam?
3 years 9 months ago #21824

Devin

Well done.
3 years 9 months ago #21819

Irena Tancheva

Hi Community,

Real exam language is clear enough, and I did not find a single question, where I did have problems to understand what is asked.

A, forgot to mention that I took it - AT/AT/AT/AT/AT :)

Wish you luck and will post my lessons learned in the separate folder.

Stay healthy and keep on!
Irena
3 years 9 months ago #21573

Irena Tancheva

Many thanks, Devin!

Actually what you have shared answers my question. Seems the real exam questions are more difficult to understand than the prepcast ones.
This was what I suspected, and it can be quite a big issue for people like me with mother language other than English. The exam can be taken in several languages, but unfortunately mine is not among them. This, added on top of the whiteboard being practically useless, will make the exam a challenge.
So I cross fingers and hope to have luck with the questions :)
Let me also go through the real exam and I will share also my experience with the rest.

Many thanks once again!
Irena

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login