fbpx

Reply: Need Help on the Monitor Risk questions....

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need Help on the Monitor Risk questions....

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21480

JIGAR PANCHAL

So is the consensus that PMI has the wrong answer?
3 years 9 months ago #21479

Pierre Paris

Hi Jigar,

Their is trick in this question. If you look a the top of this forum, 2nd question of the first post is the same you asking about. if you read the following post you will understand it.
3 years 9 months ago #21478

JIGAR PANCHAL

Pierre Paris wrote: This is exactly what i was talking about. Option C "Conduct an impact analysis, and then submit a CR to increase budget if necessary" should be the answer as per my knowledge.
Jigar can you put the answer as well....

The answer listed is D.
Attachments:
3 years 9 months ago #21445

Kyle Kilbride

The only way D would be correct is if it stated Risk Register instead of Risk Management Plan. I remember this question from the PMP Practice Exam and they state the answer is to Update the Risk Management Plan. However, the Risk Register is not part of the plan, but a separate Project Document. So in short - I agree with both of you, PMI's answer doesn't make sense here.
3 years 9 months ago #21443

Pierre Paris

This is exactly what i was talking about. Option C "Conduct an impact analysis, and then submit a CR to increase budget if necessary" should be the answer as per my knowledge.
Jigar can you put the answer as well....
3 years 9 months ago #21440

JIGAR PANCHAL

I also had issue with this question as well.
A project budget risk was approved that only considered high-impact/high-potential risks. During project execution, a risk with high impact but very low potential occurs. While it is in the risk register, it is not in the budget. What should the PM do first?"
Escalate to sponsor
Execute risk response using available risk budget
Conduct an impact analysis, and then submit a CR to increase budget if necessary
Update the Risk management plan based on risk monitoring and assessment is identified as the answer.

Please advise if it's ok to post this information, I don't mean to infringe or engage in any copyright violations. I can modify the details to give simpler context.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login