fbpx

Reply: Performance Measurement Baseline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Performance Measurement Baseline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #20853

Harry Elston

Anon,

To my knowledge, there is no "new" information contained in the Performance Measurement Baseline than what is contained in the combination of the Scope, Cost and Schedule baselines.

I look at it like this. When we speak of 'project performance" we are addressing all three - scope, cost and schedule in combination with each other, not separately. It may be redundant, but project performance hinges on all three baselines in harmony, so it make sense to address them as a group in some circumstances.

Hope that helps,

Harry
3 years 10 months ago #20850

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks for the reply, Harry. We don't use such a thing at my place of work so I'm having trouble visualizing it. To put my question a different way, is there any information in the performance measurement baseline that is not already in the other three baselines? It just seems redundant to me so I'm confused about how it warrants its own place in the project management plan.
3 years 10 months ago #20849

Harry Elston

Riaz,

The Performance Measurement Baseline is the combination of the Scope, Cost and Schedule baselines and, overall it is what the success of the project is based on. It is what the customer and you agree on and that is how the project should be measured for success. The performance measurement baseline contains everything that is agreed to by you and the customer and it is the overall target of the project: Deliver the project, on-time, on-budget and in-scope.

Hope that helps,

Harry
3 years 10 months ago #20848

Riaz Hassan

I realize I don't really understand what the Performance Measurement Baseline is and I"m having trouble finding more information beyond simple definitions. It's an integrated scope-schedule-cost plan for the project work. But what does this really mean? Could anyone provide a more concrete example of what the Performance Measurement Baseline is and how it differs from the other 3 baselines?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login