fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Who should PM escalate to if team resource shared with other project in the exam

Who should PM escalate to if team resource shared with other project in the exam 4 years 1 week ago #20409

• Kenneth Lam
  • Kenneth Lam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This is the question I saw but I am not sure which should be the right answer...

You are always struggling with resource supply for your project as they are shared across various projects. Who should you escalate this issue to?

A. HR department
B. PMO
C. Program manager
D. Sponsor

How about functional manager if I am in the matrix / functional organization?
Last edit: by Kenneth Lam.

Who should PM escalate to if team resource shared with other project in the exam 4 years 1 week ago #20411

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Kenneth,

The key phrase in the question is "various shared projects." That implies (but is not specified) that there is a PMO running the show. That's where I would go to get more resources.

Is the correct answer given?

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login