fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Regarding PMP eligibilty criteria

Regarding PMP eligibilty criteria 4 years 2 months ago #19830

• Swati Jain
  • Swati Jain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
I have a query. I have total experience of 10.1 years , but my designation is Senior Software developer. Am i eligible to apply in PMP certification's of PMI ?
Because it needs 3 years of Project management experience. My qualifications are BCA,MCA,MBA

Regarding PMP eligibilty criteria 4 years 2 months ago #19831

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Swati:

You do not need title "Project Manager.' You need to demonstrate that you've managed projects. The application will ask for a project name and a description of the project and your role in it.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Regarding PMP eligibilty criteria 4 years 2 months ago #19834

• googlesmart
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
When you file application, there are several roles you can select from bunch of options (I think about 8). Only one of them is PM & other revolve around the various project roles. The requirement is that you have experience in project environment and not necessarily as PM only.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login