fbpx

Reply: 8 More days for my PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 8 More days for my PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19886

Bindhu Madhuri

Thanks to all who guided me here.
I have passed my PMP today with all Above Targets... :)
4 years 2 months ago #19780

googlesmart

You can read my experience for my successful attempt second time.

I will give you two tips.

1. Looks like you are improving but your reading speed is slow. That means you should improve reading fast and spend only about 1 minutes per question. In my case what I found that I usually took 140 minutes for first 100 questions and remaining 100 minutes for 100 question with about same number of correct answers. So, in actual exam when I had 100 minutes remaining with 100 questions, I did not panic because I knew I can do it. This may not be true for you but you should look for pattern of your behavior and create strategy that is good just for you.

2. Second, take as many as Mock exams. In my case I took 2 for first attempt and 8 for second attempt with maximum gap of 4-5 days between any exam. For whole last week, in was only thinking about exam with no distractions no phone call, no TV. Whatever free time I had I spent in studying in any way (weak area, definition, problems...etc.). Lot of people say not to study on last day. In may case this was opposite because as soon as I do something else, my depletion starts and after 3-4 days if I don't study I could lose lot of good knowledge. So my advice is to immerse yourself into study and exam for this week.

Good luck!
4 years 2 months ago #19771

Anil

's Avatar

I am sharing my experience, clear your concept on following topics.
1. tools and techniques because there are many questions on this..
2.Understand which knowledge are the questions is.
3.You should know input and outputs of each knowledge area.
4. You should not miss questions on mathematical formulas.
All the best.
Please share your experiences after the exams.
4 years 2 months ago #19762

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Hello,

Not sure how my advice would help as I am also preparing for my exam. I am doing the following. You may see if it will fit your time and schedule.

1) Analyse your test statistics with little extra care. See in which process/knowledge area you need improvement. Rank them. You may do this with your spouse/friend. Will give you some motivation.
2) Focus on last three rankings of knowledge area (Ex: Risk management, communication management and stakeholder management).
Spend 1 full day preparing your weak areas. Would recommend reading PMBOK on weak areas again.
3) Go through incorrect answers on past tests.
4) Glance through PMBOK once again quickly.
5) Sit for 4 full hours test. No distractions.
6) See your score.

Redo steps 1 to 6. In this way you can be prepare in more agile way and keep improving.

I was also worried about my mock tests 1 and 2. Got only 63.5% and after prep i got only 64.5%. Am working on my score in the way I have stated above hoping to improve.

If you are doing something different please let me know so that I can improve mine as well.

All the best.
4 years 2 months ago #19761

Bindhu Madhuri

Help me plan my next 8 days before i attempt my last attempt (3rd attempt).

I have given 4 Mock exam till now scoring 46.5%, 66%, 75.5% (left happy) and then scored 58% (attempt only 140 out of 200). Im worried and out of focused. Please suggest.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login