fbpx

Reply: PMP Boot Camp Preparation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Boot Camp Preparation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19521

Elizabeth Harrin

I think everyone is different; there is no 'perfect' way to study or learn the materials. On first read, you might have found the information overwhelming, but if you go back to it, on second read it might not feel as bad. The purpose of a good boot camp class is to prepare you, so no doubt your instructor will be used to students approaching the material for the first time. Have they given you any pre-course work or suggested reading? That's where I would start.
4 years 3 months ago #19416

Berkley

's Avatar

Hello, and thanks in advance for your time here. I have signed up for the Project Management Academy boot camp, and in preparation for the class figured that reading Rita's book would be an excellent preclass activity so I would not go in cold. However, the book has completely overwhelmed me. While I have 5 years of project management experience, the terms and charts are all new to me and seem extremely confusing. Needless, to say, I am completely overwhelmed and am seeking advice on how to properly prepare. Is it a good rule of thumb to take the boot camp class first, and then review and read ancillary materials? I have my class scheduled for early January 2019 with the goal of taking the test in late February. Any thoughts, advice, wisdom, etc., would be incredibly appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login