fbpx

Reply: Advice needed: most efficient way to use PMP simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Advice needed: most efficient way to use PMP simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19344

Mani Selvan

Hi Everyone,

I conducted a new approach in using the PrepCast simulator. It was effective, as the 3 ppl i work with passed the exam with minumum of 3 AT.
Below are the steps

Step 1: Knowledge Area Preparation
Review all the notes and lesson form PrepCast for the Knowledge area that you intend to do. ( 1 hour )
Complete min of 50 Questions ( Time based) for that particular KA. Submit and obtain your score.
Do a full review of the of the 50 Questions. This step is the most IMPORTANT step. You must know the a full review. Understand the explanation given. The explanation would give an
understanding what is the question actual about.
Key words/Keys Statement : This will help you to understand how to identify the words and statement that would unlock the question.
Explanation of each answer; This part will help you to identify, why certain answers which appears to be correct, but not accurate for that particular situation given in the question. Go through this part even
though you answered the question correctly. It will help you to obtain the right perspective of the concept.
Finally: Refer to PMBOK page, read and understand the concept

This Review will take at least 2 to 3 hours depending on the person. This a crucial part of the preparation. You will learn faster and understand better of the PMP concepts. if your score is lower than 70%, I would suggest to retake the test. You must score min of 80% and above.

Step 2: Process Area: Read and understand the Process area. Answer 100 question from each Process Area. Repeat the same process as above. Min Score 80% and above.

Step 3 : Do the Mock Exam. Use the same process as above when you are doing the review. Min score 80% and above.

This method have given its results for my candidates . Hope it will be helpful for you as well.

Regards

Mani
4 years 3 months ago #19286

Martin Okumu, PMP

As someone who used the simulator only - my recommendations: This worked for me not sure how other used it.

Take all 8 exams 4hours/each (in exam mode not study) ( you will fail many guaranteed, but it's an opportunity to learn what you failed)
Save exam 7 for last 3 days before you take the exam- one pass- and review all 200 questions - right or wrong and all the choices.
For each exam taken, review all answers right or wrong (no exceptions) including reading all the other choices- why is it the right or wrong answer- go through the explanations. Think of this as studying -not taking exams.
Quizzes come from the same pool - up to you if you want to review - I took 17 quizzes in total - but that was for things I got wrong and why.
Finally- metrics don't lie- if you are in the fail percentile you may fail. Use it as your benchmark.
yes, but Martin where do I find time? yep if you want to pass you will make time- not easy to go through 3200 questions and know everything.
Finally, say a little prayer before you take the exam- all the best.
4 years 3 months ago #19262

NAISU LIU

I would definitely recommend do FULL 200 questions exam for all 7 mock up tests!

One thing very important for PMP rest is...IT IS FREAKING 4 HOURS. It does not only test your PMP knowledge; it tests your patience and endurance as well.

Thus, you want to make sure you are in the motion of sitting there 4 hours for the test; and the best way to enable you fully get used to the set mentally is to repeat yourself in the same situation, which is taking all 7 tests like you are taking the real PMP exam.

It is much easier to take 4 x 50 quizzes than to take 1 x 200 quiz, even they are the exact same questions.

Hope this makes sense.
4 years 3 months ago #19245

Povilas Randis

I started doing short quizes and noticed that it provides results from different perspectives: 1) per phase 2) per knowledge area. What would be your suggested approach to use it: 1) study per phase and then do practice quizzes 2) study per knowledge area and then do practice quizzes 3) read the book and do the quizzes, 4) other? What worked for you? After I would do the quizzes, I would see the gaps and go back and read the material. Exam is January 26th.

Thanks up front.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login