fbpx

Reply: Feedback for Experience please

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Feedback for Experience please

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19255

Jozsef Jambor

LOL, ok submitted and BAM soon as I hit <Enter> .... You have Randomly been selected for an Audit ! ( What luck )
So, one hour later i had my packet and PDF ready to be signed. Next day signed and in FEDEX ($27!!) . and 5 mins ago .....
.Congratulations! You have successfully met the requirements of PMI''s audit process.
You may now proceed to the next step of the application process – payment.
What a relief , I got the CAPM a month ago now to start cramming for the PMP! thanks all!
4 years 4 months ago #18946

Jozsef Jambor

Wonderful ! just what I needed.
Thank you !
4 years 4 months ago #18945

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Jozsef,

Cornelius has a great article on how to complete an application. Here’s a link: How to Fill in the PMP® Application

To answer your question, “didn't know if I should reference the outcome as a product or benefit”, the outcome (deliverables) could be a product or a benefit or both. For instance, you could have delivered software affecting a 25% decrease in licensing liability or delivered 20 new videos to an interactive training program.

OVERALL—
• You utilized quite a bit of the PMBOK® Guide’s language. :)
• To shorten descriptions, I used “&” or a comma instead of “and” or “while”.
• Confirm the tasks you listed are in the correct process group. Refer to Table 1-4, p. 25 of the PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition, “Project Management Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping”.

SPECIFICALLY—
Your project names used almost the exact same wording. If possible, differentiate them somehow by phase or attribute. Also, I didn’t include a contract type on my project names (FFP, etc.).

Project descriptions should contain the following:

1. One brief project objective sentence.
Your project objectives recycle almost the exact same wording (Develop software products to meet requirements.) What are you trying to improve, reduce, create, etc.?

2. One brief project outcome sentence.
Your project outcomes use almost the exact same wording (Delivered XX benefits.) What did your deliverables improve, reduce, create, etc.?

3. Deliverables summed up in the Process Groups and abbreviated (as you did) to: IN, PL, EX, MC, and CL.
• “Creating an activity duration plan” sounds like estimating activity durations, then perhaps developing a schedule.
• “Conduct meetings” seems vague. What activities/purpose surrounded the meetings or were you developing and managing your team?

I hope these suggestions help. The goal is to show PMI your project management trifecta: leadership skills, knowledge, and experience. These were just my personal opinions; it’s up to PMI to make the determination.

That said, YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY! Revise your application and share it with your colleagues. I look forward to seeing your Lessons Learned in the Forum someday, Jozsef.
4 years 4 months ago #18944

Harry Elston

Jozsef: Your experience appears to be in the format that PMI is looking for. When I made my application about 6 months ago, I asked the PMI rep for some feedback and they recommended some changes in order to ensure that phases of the project were clearly identified into process groups. Other Mods should also comment.

Good luck!
4 years 4 months ago #18941

Jozsef Jambor

Second Post! ha
Can I get some feed back on the experience write up , please
I broke up 6 years into the given contract time frames, also didn't know if I should reference the outcome as a product or benefit...
Thank you

Project Name: Time - And-Materials Contract (T&M) Virtual ISR Development / Implementation
Date: From 2015-2016
Months 11
Project roll: Division Project Manager
Primary Industry: IT/Software
Hours :1680
OBJ: Develop software products to meet contract requirements.
IN: Identified stakeholders & key deliverables, created stakeholder register
PL: Collect Requirements and Define Scope, Created WBS, defined & sequenced activities. Create Stakeholder engagement plan, conduct meetings
EX: Direct and manage project work while ensuring quality, mentor & guide team members
Engage and update stakeholders.
MC: Validate Scope and ensured schedule is met, confirm quality standards
CL: Formalize, document, obtain final acceptance, update KB. Delivered 41 benefits.

(554 Characters)
Project Name: Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP)Contract Virtual ISR Development / Implementation
Date: From 2016-2017
Months 12
Hours : 1520
OBJ: Develop software products to meet requirements.
IN: Identified stakeholders & key deliverables, created stakeholder register, define the scope
PL: Define requirements, constraints, and assumptions, Create WBS & project organization structure, conduct meetings
EX: Direct and manage project, ensuring quality, mentor & guide team members
Engage and update stakeholders
MC: Verify Scope and ensured schedule is met, confirm quality standards
CL: Formalize, document, obtain final acceptance: Delivered 47 benefits

(513 Characters)
Project Name: Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP) Contract Virtual ISR Development / Implementation
Date: From 2017-2018
Months 12
Hours : 1560
PL: Collect Requirements and Define Scope, Create WBS while Creating an activity duration plan. Create Stakeholder engagement plan, conduct meetings
EX: Direct and manage project work while ensuring quality, mentor & guide staff
CL: Formalize, document, obtain final acceptance, update KB. Delivered 59 benefits.

(545 Characters)
Project Name: Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP) Contract Virtual ISR Development / Implementation
Date: From 2018-2019
Months 12
Hours : 1960
PL: Collect Requirements and Define Scope, Create WBS while Creating an activity duration plan. Create Stakeholder engagement plan, conduct meetings
EX: Direct and manage project work while ensuring quality, mentor & guide team members
CL: Formalize, document, obtain final acceptance, update KB. Delivered 104 benefits.

(553 Characters)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login