Reply: PMP Exam Update 2020

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Update 2020

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 hours 11 minutes ago #24006

Elizabeth Harrin

@William, The PMP exam changes in January 2021 and the new exam content outline (ECO) comes into effect then. That's why the ECO you linked to mentions January 2021.
13 hours 14 minutes ago #24002

William Brideau

Why the date on the PMI website is still January 2021 ?

www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...7b-bacf-c4b1c5e2d164

Thanks,
1 month 5 days ago #23474

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Yoana,

if you plan to take the PMP exam by the end of this year, you should be fine.
As soon as you pass the final exam of the PMPrepCast course, you will get the 35 contact hours you need to apply for the PMP exam.

You may find additional information about the impact of the change in the exam here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...all-this-mean-for-me . There are a number of tips and recommendations that you may find useful.
From this article I get that Contact hours earned for taking the course are still valid, no matter if you use the course before or after this change. However, after 2 Jan 2021, you will need to refer to the new Exam Outline.

Good luck on your exam!

Gabriella
1 month 1 week ago #23442

Yoana Ivanova

Hello Cornelius,

I am currently studying the PrepCast to sit for an exam in 2020. I haven't still gone through all lessons and the final exam.
Once I pass the final exam, am I going to still get the 35 contact hours from PMprepcast recognized by PMI?

My question is provoked by the change that you are undergoing from REP to ATP.
Thanks and Regards
1 month 1 week ago #23396

OpenVision

Dear Cornelius ,

Thank you for your answers.
To be honest, I was shocked when I read that within the new Exam format, training centers (like yours) are not allowed to provide recorded lessons to the students. It doesn't make any sense from a learning perspective. It sounds more commercial reasoning from PMI! Being in 2020, Digital domination, 2.0 era and hearing that we can't have recorded training materials is just unbelievable!
I am really starting to consider not to pass the PMI due to that.
I don't know if it matters, but you can forward my feedback to PMI.
Please don't get me wrong. This is a critic for PMI institution and not for your company.
For passing exams this year, it will be a huge challenge and dedication especially for people who have other things to do: work, family, ....
Anyway, thank you for all your inputs.
OpenV
1 month 1 week ago #23380

Cornelius Fichtner

@Stephanie -- my answers for you:

I'm just getting started in the process of getting my PMP and am wondering if I'll have time between now (Sept 9th) and when the current test will stop running (Dec 31) to complete my application, complete my 35 contact hours. AND study for the test. I believe your website suggested that it would take 2-3 months to study for the exam. I'm wondering if this timeframe includes the 35 contact hours?
>> You can do it if you join one of our accelerated classes www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-group-coaching-class

If I do sign up for PrepCast Elite (which I would like to do), take the test, and fail, what would my next steps be? Would I have to sign up with PMI to take their new "PMI approved prep courses?" Would there be another way I could fill in my gaps of learning without having to re-take course material that was relevant in the previous test.
>> My recommendation is always this: Don't ask "what do I do if I fail", but instead ask what you have to do in order to make sure that yo upass. Using the PrepCast, Simulator and the accelerated course will get you there before the end of the year. And -- if it doesn't -- then your training will not be for nothing. PMI still accepts it and you can take the new exam using the old training. (We'll even give you a free upgrade to the new simulator at that time).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login