fbpx

Reply: Need help with PM Experience review

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need help with PM Experience review

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #17889

Joe Pang

Hello Gautam,

Here's my evaluation of your project descriptions:

The objectives/outcomes are really good, it is clear and lets me understand how your projects are contributing to your organization.

The project tasks you put in fit to their appropriate process groups. However, there are a few things that may raise red flags:
-I noticed you wrote "Helped in xxx" in several project tasks. It makes me think that you were contributing to the projects instead of leading/directing them.
-Some of the time vs work ratio doesn't look right to me. Spending 68 days just to sequence the activities and to create the issue log look a little excessive.
-It raises a concern when a project manager is present in all process groups except for the execution group. Who was managing and directing the work during that time, and who was managing stakeholder engagements especially when you were responsible for monitoring the stakeholder in M&C?
-Focus on what you have done to direct and manage the project, it's not necessary to include how you've done them.

I would suggest you go through the Prepcast lessons once more, this will give you a better idea of writing a perfect application (plus it fulfills your 35 contact hours). After you get a better understanding of all 49 processes you will be able to think of more task that you were involved in.

Hope this helps,
Joe
4 years 9 months ago #17848

Gautam Pai

's Avatar

I'm currently preparing my PM Experience Application. I need to fill in a total of 4500 hours of PM experience. All reviews/criticisms highly appreciated.

Project 1 * Objective - Reduce manual intervention involved while reporting the PnL by London business. * Outcome - Enhancement to the current software to ensure automated reporting of the PnL * Role - Team Lead

Pl (520 Hours) Helped in developing the Project Management Plan, Scope Management Plan, Risk Management Plan and involved in Collecting Requirements. Used the Org Structure, stakeholder register and scope statement. Performed data analysis and used interpersonal skills.

Ex (190 Hours) Implementing Risk Responses. Achieved with the help of risk register and interpersonal skills.

Project 2 * Objective - Re-alignment of entire APAC portfolios * Outcome - All trading books were aligned to the respective business divisions and policies * Role - Team Lead

Pl (860 Hours) Helped in developing Schedule Management Plan, Risk Register and updating Lessons Learned Register. This was achieved by using the Project Charter, Checklists and Alternate Analysis

Mo (250 Hours) Responsible for Monitoring Stakeholder Engagement. Updated the Resource Management Plan, Lessons Learned Register by using Issue logs and performing alternate analysis and using interpersonal skills.

Project 3 * Objective - Implement Audit and Issue Mgmt solution * Outcome - Auditors can use the new solution to perform Audits * Role on the project - Associate Delivery Manager

Pl (550 Hours) Helped in sequencing activities. Used Assumptions log and EEF to produce Issue logs

Ex (330 Hours) Helped in Managing Stakeholder engagement. Used Change Management Plan to produce change requests.

Mo (530 Hours) Helped in Controlling Schedule. Used Project calendar, requirements traceability matrix and earned value analysis to produce schedule forecast.

Project 4 * Objective - To improve the performance of PPRIMT tool by migrating from old to new platform * Outcome - Successful migration of PPRIMT * Role - Delivery Manager

In (250 Hours) Developing project charter. By using Benefits Management Plan produced the project charter.

Pl (250 Hours) Performing quantitative risk analysis. By using cost baseline produced the risk report

Mo (460 Hours) Monitoring Stakeholder Engagement. By using stakeholder engagement plan, Alternative analysis produced change requests

Cl (310 Hours) Closing the project. By using project communications updated the lessons learned register.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login