fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Prep Help

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Prep Help

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17280

Cherisse James

's Avatar

Agreed! Good to hear, I just felt like they were trick questions. Thanks again for your time!
4 years 11 months ago #17279

Cornelius Fichtner

Hi Cherisse,

Thanks for the update and for letting us know where these come from.

Overall I think that these questions are not necessarily a good representation of the type of questions you can expect on the current PMP exam. These seem more like knowledge-based questions that are intended to test your understanding of the materials from within a training course. The PMP exam contains more situational questions where you have to analyze what's going on and then make a decision based on the event that is happening.

That much said I agree with the answers you have chosen. Questions #2 and #3 could go either way and you can make an argument for the other answer choices. But I think you picked the right one. And question #5 is so oddly phrased that it's really hard to understand. Again, I would not expect to see something like this on the exam, but your answer also seems to be correct.
4 years 11 months ago #17274

Cherisse James

's Avatar

Of course, my apologies. This is from an open book test that I have at a local college in Fl. The name of the course is Project Management Professional (PMP)® Prep I. Please let me know if you need anything additional.

Thanks in advance!
4 years 11 months ago #17240

Cornelius Fichtner

Cherisse,

Welcome to the forum. Before we answer your question, may I please ask you to follow "proper etiquette" and tell us where these questions are from? We always want to respect copyright and give credit to the person who created them.

Thanks.
4 years 11 months ago #17233

Cherisse

's Avatar

Hi there! Very new to this forum but happy that I came in, looking forward to learning more as I grow in my career. I am taking a prep course for the exam and working through some questions that have me indecisive. If you have a sec and have had luck passing the exam can you let me know if I'm going in the right direction? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

1. What is the purpose or function of the project management plan?
A. It describes in detail how the project will be implemented.
B. It establishes the hierarchy between subsidiary plans.
C. It defines the approach for planning, implementing, and controlling the project. (My Choice)
D. It represents the contract or agreement between key stakeholders and the project team.

2. All of the following are expected project manager basic behavioral characteristics EXCEPT:
A. Being results-driven to accomplish the project objective. (My choice)
B. Getting to the real problem and not getting distracted by opinions.
C. Getting the job done regardless of the challenges and not accepting excuses. (2nd choice)
D. Developing a good plan and implementing it.

3. What metric would be appropriate if a company wanted to determine if a project was a good customer marketing investment?
A. Return on investment. (My choice)
B. Stock prices.
C. Market penetration into new target markets.
D. Customer satisfaction survey results.

4. Which activity dependency type is used when the scheduling of the successor determines the timing of when predecessor must
occur?
A. Start-to-Finish.
B. Start-to-start. (My choice)
C. Finish-to-Finish.
D. Finish-to-Start

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login