fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Change Requests for Performance Against Baselines?

Change Requests for Performance Against Baselines? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16980

• Ben Chalfie
  • Ben Chalfie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Are formal change requests needed when trying to realign project performance with a given baseline, rather than change the baseline itself?

Change Requests for Performance Against Baselines? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16989

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Ben,

By realigning project performance do you mean Fast Tracking and Crashing?

If so, these actions are usually the results of an approved change, therefore a change request had already been submitted in regards to this concern.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Change Requests for Performance Against Baselines? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16993

• Ben Chalfie
  • Ben Chalfie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Joe,

What I really wanted to know is if actions taken to address a performance variance (e.g. cost, schedule, quality, etc.) require a change request?

Change Requests for Performance Against Baselines? 5 years 3 weeks ago #17001

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Gotcha Ben,

The short answer is Yes

Change requests may include corrective action, preventive action, defect repairs, as well as updates to formally controlled documents or deliverables. You can find out more info on page 96 and 117 of the PMBOK 6.

Cheers,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login