fbpx

Reply: PMI PMP Application- Experience Worksheet- Communication Curriculum & Coursework

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI PMP Application- Experience Worksheet- Communication Curriculum & Coursework

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16474

Cuong C. Do

Hi Joe. Thank you again. I can feel that you are giving me great feedback and opening up my eyes. I do not think it's harsh at all. As you know with many real-world positions, we go beyond our job description and duties, but I suppose in the PMI world, PMI does not want this included. Please let me know if you have addition thoughts. I also submitted a second experience worksheet on this forum, I would appreciate your help.

This is my new draft:

Project objective: Produce Lesson Plan Package for VIP clients

IN: Developed Project Charter. Identified stakeholders.
PL: Developed a project management plan.
EX: Directed a team of Learning Consultants to work on the lesson plans. Managed stakeholder engagement.
MC: Performed quality control. Monitored communications. Controlled scope and schedule.
CL: Submitted deliverables. Began closing project.

As the Project Leader, my responsibility was to lead a team to produce a new VIP Lesson Plan Package. I accomplished this by the scheduled deadline.
5 years 1 month ago #16465

Joe Pang

Cuong C. Do wrote: Please help me with my PMI PMP application experience worksheet, I am hoping to not have any red flags and lessening my chances of an audit. Thank you in advance.
This is the detail I wrote for one of my experience titled: "VIP English Lesson Plans Package"

Project duration, total of 13 months, hours for each KA:
Initiating the Project- 60.00
Planning the Project- 250.00
Executing the Project- 600.00
Controlling and Monitoring the Project- 600.00
Closing the Project- 70.00

The draft of my Description:

PL: Developed a project management plan. Planned scope and schedule management.
This looks a bit redundant to me, since scope/schedule management plans are part of the project management plan
EX: Worked on the lesson plans with Learning Consultants. Managed stakeholder engagement.
"Working on the deliverable" is not part of a PM's responsibility, do you mean "Directing a group of consultants to work on the lesson plans?"
MC: Checked the quality of the lesson plans. Controlled schedule.
"Performed quality control" would be a better wording, this is just my opinion.
CL: Submitted deliverables and began closing project.

As the Project Leader, my responsibility was to manage the production of a VIP Lesson Plan Package. I accomplished this by the scheduled deadline.

Sorry if my comments look a little harsh. My main goal is to reduce the chance of re-sending your application so that you can begin your exam prep asap. These are all my personal suggestions and it is up to PMI to determine if you are eligible or not. I would also suggest going over the PM course material again to get yourself familiar with the PMI knowledge areas.
5 years 1 month ago #16460

Cuong C. Do

Please help me with my PMI PMP application experience worksheet, I am hoping to not have any red flags and lessening my chances of an audit. Thank you in advance.
This is the detail I wrote for one of my experience titled: "VIP English Lesson Plans Package"

Project duration, total of 13 months, hours for each KA:
Initiating the Project- 60.00
Planning the Project- 250.00
Executing the Project- 600.00
Controlling and Monitoring the Project- 600.00
Closing the Project- 70.00

The draft of my Description:

PL: Developed a project management plan. Planned scope and schedule management.
EX: Worked on the lesson plans with Learning Consultants. Managed stakeholder engagement.
MC: Checked the quality of the lesson plans. Controlled schedule.
CL: Submitted deliverables and began closing project.

As the Project Leader, my responsibility was to manage the production of a VIP Lesson Plan Package. I accomplished this by the scheduled deadline.

5 years 1 month ago #16459

Cuong C. Do

Hi Joe Pang,

Thank you for your reply and tips.
My hours spent for each KA, in a 24 month span:
Initiating the Project: 60 hours
Planning the Project: 650.00
Executing the Project: 1200.00
Controlling and Monitoring the Project: 1200.00
Closing the Project: 90.00

This is my new draft after your advice:

Project objective: Produce a full curriculum

IN: Developed Project Charter.
PL: Developed a project management plan. Created a schedule management plan.
EX: Brainstormed with two educators using Nominal Group technique. Worked on the lesson plans and managed communications with Project Sponsor.
MC: Checked the quality of the coursework and final exams. Controlled the schedule.
CL: Submitted paperwork.

As the Project Leader, I produced a detailed curriculum for the College English Department. I accomplished the project objective before the deadlines.
5 years 1 month ago #16440

Joe Pang

Hi Cuong,

I would like to give you a hand on this, would you be able to provide the hours you spent corresponding to each Knowledge Areas?

There are a few things that I think could be improved upon:
1. You can use short forms like IN/PL/EX instead of Initiating/Planning, this will save you some space for more content
2. "Gained approval from Project Sponsor to start" - I feel like this is a little redundant, because if the sponsor didn't approve then the project would not have carried out anyways.
2a. Same for "Got approval from Project Sponsor" under Closing
3. "Worked on the lesson plans" - You need to more specific and consider using PMI terms. Were you writing these plans yourself or were you directing a team to write it?

Cheers, and good luck on the audit
5 years 2 months ago #16398

Cuong C. Do

Please help me with my PMI PMP application experience worksheet, I am hoping to not have any red flags and lessening my chances of an audit. Thank you in advance.
This is the detail I wrote for one of my experience titled "Advance Communication Curriculum & Coursework", total 24 months, 3200 hours. I stated I was a project leader and educator (300-550 characters):
Project objective: Produce a curriculum
Initiating: Developed Project Charter. Gained approval from Project Sponsor to start
Planning: Developed a schedule management plan
Executing: Worked on the lesson plans and managed communications with Project Sponsor
Monitoring and Controlling: Checked the quality of the coursework and final exams
Closing: Got approval from Project Sponsor. Submitted paperwork
As the Project Leader, I produced a detailed curriculum for the College English Department. I accomplished the project objective before the deadlines.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login