fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Close procurements - 5th edition to 6th edition

Close procurements - 5th edition to 6th edition 5 years 3 months ago #16268

• Daniel Kokkos
  • Daniel Kokkos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I noticed that the close procurements process is gone from the PMBOK 5th - 3.1 chart in the 6th edition. Is this just lumped in with the close project or phase as well as the conduct procurements? What is important to note about this change in the new exam? When can a procurement close? Is it assumed during close project or phase? Can it be closed during conduct procurements?
Last edit: by Daniel Kokkos. Reason: addition context

Close procurements - 5th edition to 6th edition 5 years 3 months ago #16312

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Daniel,

Closing procurement is performed under the Control Procurement process. You can find it on Pg 499 in the PMBOK 6
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Close procurements - 5th edition to 6th edition 5 years 2 months ago #16345

• Dan Kokkos
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Joe.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login