fbpx

Reply: Enterpr. environmental factors in scope management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Enterpr. environmental factors in scope management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 5 months ago #821

JD Crump, PMP, ITIL-F

I believe the EEF is a factor, just not a direct input. EEF is an input to many processes that create outputs. It is those outputs that are then inputs to scope management. So, officially, as Cornelius said, EEF is not an input ... but we know they are there.

JD
14 years 5 months ago #783

Cornelius Fichtner

Uli,

There is one primary rule when preparing for the PMP Exam, and that is: The PMBOK Guide is always right.

If you take a look at the PMBOK Guide page 104, Figure 5-1 you will see that EEF is not listed as an input to any of the processes.

Therefore, and for the purposes of the PMP Exam, there are no EEF in Scope Management.

I personally do find this equally strange as you do. But the point is that you want to pass the exam and therefore... The PMBOK Guide is always right.
14 years 5 months ago #782

Ulrich Schumann

Hello,

I am just watching the pmprepcast episode "Enterprise Enviromental Factors" and there is something I do not understand. The prepcast says, there is no influence of environmental factors in scope management.

I do not agree and do not understand why. To define a scope, for example, I have to consider environmental factors, because if I do not, the scope may be defined in a way which is not adequate for the company.

To create WBS seems to me also relevant for environmental factors. If I do not consider environmental factors, the defined work package might be not manageable.

Thanks for your help
Uli

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login