fbpx

Reply: PROCESS FLOW FOR 5 PROCESS GROUPS AND 10 KNOWLEDGE AREAS

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PROCESS FLOW FOR 5 PROCESS GROUPS AND 10 KNOWLEDGE AREAS

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #16041

Joe Pang

Hi Sumit,

For sure it is highly beneficial to remember all 49 processes. I memorized them by writing on a piece of paper everyday.

As for the sequence of the process. I used the Rita book and I studied the sequence in the Planning Process Group. Did I memorize it by heart? No. However I try to understand the reason why some of the processes are sequenced (ex. You can't define the activities if you don't even know the scope/WBS yet). I don't think I've encountered any exam questions specifically directed at the sequence of processes.
5 years 3 months ago #16040

Sumit Chopra

Hi, Just have a question if there is an easy way to remember or recognize process flow of every step between 5 Process Groups and 10 Knowledge Areas. Example Initiate Process Group has Project Charter and Identify Stakeholder to be completed before we move to prepare Project Management Plan in Planning Group. Are these steps also goes in sequential order like in Planning
1st is to prepare Project Management plan (During Integration mgmt knowledge area)
2nd to prepare Plan Scope, Collect Requirement, Define Scope and Create WBS as a part of Scope Management knowledge area
3rd to prepare Plan Schedule, Define Activities, Sequence Activities, EAD and Develop Schedule as a part of Schedule Management Knowledge area
and so on. Is that all Planning also runs sequentially among all knowledge areas before we move to Execution?

I always get confuse with this bit even though all Knowledge ares and Process Group ITTO's are in my head.

Look forward to receive feedback
Thanks
Sumit

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login