fbpx

Reply: PM PREPCAST content not aligning with PMBOK 6th edition guide

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM PREPCAST content not aligning with PMBOK 6th edition guide

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15865

Deepak G

Abhinav,
Please check PMP exam content outline. These all chapters comes under pre project work for feasibility study. These chapters are critical for the exam. It's good that videos covering these chapters. Keep in mind that these videos are prepared by experts so go for the expert judgement. Hope this helps.
5 years 3 months ago #15863

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Abhinav,

You are correct. These topics are indeed not in the PMBOK Guide, but they are part of the PrepCast. This is because the PMP Exam is NOT a test of your understanding of the PMBBOK Guide. Instead, the PMP exam tests your knowledge and experience as a project manager.

Please review The PMP Examination Content Outline: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmpoutline

This document describes all the topics that you will be tested on during the exam. You will notice that many of the topics in the Outline can also be found in the PMBOK Guide. But the Outline has additional topics (like benefits realization) not covered in the PMBOK Guide. And while The PM PrepCast generally follows the structure of The PMBOK Guide, it does include all the topics from the examination content outline.

So if at any point you come across a PrepCast lesson where you cannot find a specific chapter in the Guide then that means that the topic is part of the Outline.
5 years 3 months ago #15854

Abhinav Sood

Hi,
My name is Abhinav Sood and I am preparing for PMP exam using PM PREPCAST video lessons. The way I study is to first ready a chapter from the PMBOK 6th editions guide and then follow the video lessons in PM PREPCAST. However I have found out that there are some video lessons in PM PREPCAST that are not covered as part of PMBOK 6th edition guide e.g. All the lessons from L01.04 (Benefit Realization Management) to L01.06 (Peer Project Review) that are part of PM PREPCAST but I could not find them in PMBOK 6th editions guide.
So, am I looking at an old version on PMBOK guide or this is how it is supposed to be? Also, I have not looked beyond Lesson 1. So is there any more such content that is covered in PM PREPCAST but not in PMBOK guide or vice versa? Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login