fbpx

Reply: Need some help in Risk Process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need some help in Risk Process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15852

Joe Pang

For #6 I would say it is B ) Mitigate too, because the PM took action to reduce the impact of a threat.

For #7 I feel like more context is needed in order to know the correct answer, as we don't know the cause of the unavailability of staff.
Ex. if the team was poached from a rival company, then it is a threat we failed to foresee in Identify Risk
If it is more related to poor team management, then I would go with E)

On a side note I'd advise getting an exam simulator that provides you with the explanations of both the correct/incorrect answer, and one that is more similar to the real exam format. The Prepcast simulator is a great choice on these regards.

Cheers,
Joe
5 years 3 months ago #15834

Jaafar

's Avatar

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your fast reply.

What you said is correct some questions need more detailed. However, questions 6 and 7 maybe you can support me in it.

6- You work in area the electricity cut-off from time to time, you rent generator from shop to be spare it you want it, what type of this implementation.
A- Transfer
B- Mitigate

I think the answer is Mitigate but I want to be sure.

7- Some risk happen and you apply contingency plan, however the plan not work because these is no staff to do the required work, this happen because of:
A- Identify Risk
B- Risk Management Plan
C- Implement Risk Responses
D- Resource Management Plan
E- Manage Team
5 years 3 months ago #15805

Joe Pang

Hi Jaafar,

First of all, I am sorry that your past 2 attempts did not work out.

Without further context, it is hard for us to provide the correct answers to the very specific questions you had in your exam. There are multiple approaches we can use to deal every project issue, also it really depends on the very specific situation, and what options you have in the answer choices.

For example

3- Unforeseen risk happen and you apply workaround,. What you need to do next . - Record in Issue log. Reiterate ID Risk processes to evaluate the risk. Record the risk in Risk Register. Monitor the results of the workaround.

All 4 actions may be the correct answer, you have to read the questions and answer choices carefully in order to answer correctly.

Instead, I would suggest re-evaluating your study strategies and make changes accordingly.
For starters, I'd suggest:
-Re-read the PMBOK6
-Do lots of mock exams (and check each answers)
5 years 4 months ago #15782

Jaafar

's Avatar

Dear all,

I do two PMP exam, but unfortunately, I did not pass.

In last exam I have get:
Initial : under target
Planning: above the target
Execution: need improvement
Monitoring and controlling: Target
Closing: above target

Anyway, after the exam I have written some of the questions related to the risk which these questions I am not sure about the answers

These the questions:
1- If you apply implemented risk , then what you need to do next?

2- During the project you find unforeseen risk, that happen because of:

3- Unforeseen risk happen and you apply workaround,. What you need to do next .

4- If you find unforeseen risk before it happen, what you need to do first?

5- After you implement the risk , your budget not enough to complete the project . this issue can be avoid if you do :

6- You work in area maybe the electricity will discount, you rent generator from shop, what type of this implementation. (Transfer or mitigate)

7- Some risk happen and you apply contingency plan , however the plan not work because these is no staff to apply it, this can be avoid if you do which of the following:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login