fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Plan components vs project documents

Project Plan components vs project documents 5 years 5 months ago #15723

• Bennet Saumer
  • Bennet Saumer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the difference between Project Plan components and project documents. I'm confused by these two different concepts, so I haven't been able to understand the logic which is used to determine what is considered a component and what is considered a document.

Would someone mind to clarify?

Thank you

Project Plan components vs project documents 5 years 5 months ago #15726

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Bennet,

First of all, I would like you to turn to pg 89 of your PMBOK 6, it has a full list of all the project plans and documents

As a general rule of thumb, Project Plans are the HOWs and Project Documents are the WHATs.

For example, if you are not sure whether a certain occurrence should be considered a risk, consult the Risk Management Plan. If you want to know what risks have been identified so far, consult the Risk Register.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bennet Saumer
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login