Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Plan components vs project documents

Project Plan components vs project documents 1 year 11 months ago #15723

• Bennet Saumer
  • Bennet Saumer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the difference between Project Plan components and project documents. I'm confused by these two different concepts, so I haven't been able to understand the logic which is used to determine what is considered a component and what is considered a document.

Would someone mind to clarify?

Thank you

Project Plan components vs project documents 1 year 11 months ago #15726

• Joe Pang
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Bennet,

First of all, I would like you to turn to pg 89 of your PMBOK 6, it has a full list of all the project plans and documents

As a general rule of thumb, Project Plans are the HOWs and Project Documents are the WHATs.

For example, if you are not sure whether a certain occurrence should be considered a risk, consult the Risk Management Plan. If you want to know what risks have been identified so far, consult the Risk Register.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in Capital Projects and Digital Transformation Projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bennet Saumer
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login