fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: acceptance criteria

acceptance criteria 5 years 5 months ago #15703

• Cyril Galland
  • Cyril Galland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a question regarding scope management:

Are the acceptance criteria for each work package defined in Collect Requirements process or in Define Scope process ?

In the PMBOK guide, it is written that the acceptance criteria are added to the Requirements Traceability Matrix (output from Collect Requirements process) as additional attributes (p. 149) but it is also written that the acceptance criteria are part of the scope statement (output from Define Scope process). Does it mean that acceptance criteria are first defined in Define Scope process and then added to the Requirements Traceability Matrix (as an update) ?

Thank you

Cyril

acceptance criteria 5 years 5 months ago #15712

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Cyril,

You are correct. Do remember many steps in the planning process group are iterative. You can go back and edit the RTM after you figure out the acceptance criteria in the Define Scope process.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyril Galland
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login