fbpx

Reply: What is the difference between staff management plan and human resource mgt plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What is the difference between staff management plan and human resource mgt plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15462

Ty Weston, PMP

That is a great question, and I will give my opinion here.
A staffing plan is part of the project management plan to help properly staff and manage various project teams. These plans usually include staff acquisition timelines for how long staff is needed and their release, identification of any staff training, team building strategies
The human Resource Management Plan tends to describe how the human resources are to be defined e.g. roles, responsibilities, reporting structure etc. This is intended to cover the whole project. It is a process of large scope which includes creating a staffing management plan. This plan will, or should contain a roles and responsibility description, organisation charts, and a staffing management plan.

So, they are related, but not the same scope i.e. the SMP is specific scope whereas the HRMP is the overall strategy.

Ithink earlier editions of the PMBOK do a better job of explaining this then the current version.
5 years 5 months ago #15454

Vaishali Gor

Hi Team,

Can you help me understand the difference between staff management plan and human resource management plan.
SMP is a part of HRMP but when i read the content , both means the same.

Regards
Vaishali

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login