fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How to write project management experience for online PMP test application

How to write project management experience for online PMP test application 5 years 5 months ago #15388

• Yili Ge
  • Yili Ge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I have a question about how to write my project management experience online for requesting a PMP test. Do you have an example to show me how to write the project objective, how to write what I did (my role) to complete the project? Do you have any specific format that I can reference to?

Thanks,

Yili Ge

How to write project management experience for online PMP test application 5 years 5 months ago #15392

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi Yili,

This is the tricky part of the application, because you have very limited characters to demonstrate that you actually managed a project. The good thing is that PMI allows you to use certain abbreviations for the 5 domains, which helps. I formatted all of my experience as shown below, and my application was accepted quickly and without audit (though I am told that the audits are random). Note the use of the abbreviations IN (Iniating), PL (Planning), EX (Executing), MC (Monitoring and Controlling) and CL (Closing). Using these will help you stay within the character limits. Be concise and make sure you demonstrate your usage of the PMBOK principles. Good luck to you!

XYZ project objective was to launch new website. As PM, responsible for leading and directing project initiatives. IN: developed charter and identified stakeholders. PL: developed schedule and budget, advised on team, created baselines. EX: managed project team, worked with stakeholders. MC: created project status reports, identified variances. CL: delivered final product to customer. Result: project delivered successfully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meshia Pink
Last edit: by Emily Rivera, PMP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login