fbpx

Reply: Point of Total Assumption?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Point of Total Assumption?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15351

Ty Weston, PMP

PTA is a formula that I recommend remembering as one of the basic formulas needed. It is used extensively in Fixed Price Incentive Fee Contracts and really, these contracts cannot be done without it. The thing about the PMI test is this, you should be gathering and remembering information from many sources, not just the PMBOK guide. Again, I believe this is one that could pop up during the test and you should be able to remember it.
PMPrepcast has a formulas course, which I recommend here: www.project-management-formulas.com/index.php/product
It covers 47 formulas that could appear on the test.
Though I was able to put to memory all 47 formulas, the test only gave me a handful of questions; the key was that I was prepared.
5 years 5 months ago #15346

Jessica Jones

Hello,

I'm into the home stretch of my PMP prep (3 weeks to go!) and I'm focusing on practice exams then research on where I went wrong. I wanted to enquire about "point of total assumption". This appears to be a calculation based on fixed price contracts. It has popped up in the book "How to get every Contract Question right on the PMP exam" (Aileen Ellis) and also on the Oliver Lehman practice exam I did yesterday (allegedly based on the PMBOK 6th edition although the vast majority of questions I got wrong pulled from books I'd never heard of...). However, I haven't seen the slightest mention of this formula either in the PMBOK Guide or my Kim Heldman study guide.

Is this something I need to know? Any other contract formulae I've missed? I'd be surprised if I completely missed a formula in the PMBOK Guide, but I know Lehman is a respected source of practice questions, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks!

J

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login